Chapter 45: A Hint of Jealousy

Begin

~Normal POV

9/24 - Saturday

After how depressing his hang out with Rise got yesterday, Yu decided to try again today to make up for it. He rather hoped to give her a more relaxing day this time. She was happy to accept the idea. So after school, they ventured out to Okina again. Her special orders were obviously not ready for pick up yet, but she still wanted to check out the stores again.

Yu had learned rather fast in his time spent with her that "shopping," for girls, actually meant, "looking at clothes and other accessories, trying them on occasionally, and only rarely buying anything." And this seemingly mundane task always made Rise happy. So who was he to argue? He loved seeing her happy... He loved her. But once they arrived in Okina, she revealed that she had a new scheme this time.

"Today, we're buying for you!" She announced, playfully poking his chest for emphasis.

"Really now?" He didn't consider himself to be what you would call "fashionable," especially compared to Teddie, but he was under the impression that he dressed perfectly fine. When he wasn't wearing his school uniform, that is.

"Yep! I'll put together the best outfit for you, so be prepared!" Rise said, cheerily.

Yu smirked at her and couldn't help taking the opportunity for a joke. "I see how it is. You just wanted an excuse to get me to take my clothes off? Is that it?"

Rise broke down laughing. She should have seen a quip like that coming, but she still walked right into it.

"I'm kidding, by the way."

"I know, but geez!" She said, between giggles, "That really got me!" She paused to catch her breath before continuing. "Now, let's see... I've already checked out most of the stores here. First is-" She looked around. "Over there- and then..." She had looked in the direction of a building in particular. And what she saw there made her stop and stare.

Yu followed her gaze. She was looking at an ad on the side of the building. He couldn't tell what it was for, but the picture displayed a pretty girl with curly bright hair. He gave her a puzzled look. What was so weird about that? It was just an ad.

"That ad..." Rise said, distractedly. "I see... So Kanami is the new poster girl..."

"Kanami?" Yu said, quizzically.

"Oh uh... That store's sign has a girl who was at the agency with me," She explained. "Kanami Mashita... She was my junior... She was cute, so I figured she would sell. I recommended her for a few projects that I was on."

He looked at the ad again and said, "Well, that's good, isn't it? It'll help with her career."

"Oh yeah, of course!" Rise said, smiling. "We're friends too. She was really worried about me coming here. But I told her, nothing would happen to me. And then: nothing did... because of you..." She finished, somewhat sheepishly.

He wanted to remind her that it was a joint effort, but it was too nice to hear her say that; so he didn't correct her.

"And well, if some other girl takes off-" She continued, "I'm sure the agency will leave me alone."

"They might, yeah," Yu replied.

At this point, they heard a couple of guys talking as they passed by. "Man, Kanamin is so cute. It's crazy that she's still in middle school. I like how she's not so fake like Risette." This got Rise to look their way.

"Yeah," The second guy said, "Kanamin's like... plain and honest. Somewhere between a little sister and the girl next door. Like, the kind of girl you want to protect." The two kept walking without noticing them.

Chase The Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें