Chapter 2

I opened my eyes to some purple ceiling, I rubbed my head and surprisingly, I didn't feel any pain. I noticed that I was on a bed, so I rapidly stood up and felt that my leg was good as new. What the hell ? 

I looked around and I examined my surroundings. The room was purple with some posters on the walls, the room was being lit up by some lamp on the ceiling. The bed was a regular sized one. It meant that I was with only one person in this house. I patted my waist and I didn't find my trusty knife. That person must've took it away. Fair enough, I won't trust a stranger with a knife either.

I heard some footsteps outside the room, so I quickly put my mind into a wary mode, if things would get a little messy. The door opened to see the same white human skull, but it wasn't wearing the purple robe, instead it was wearing a classic black t-shirt with some symbol at the center of it. Of course he got some pants and shoes as well. "Oh my ! You woke up ! Are you feeling any pain ?" The skull, well skeleton said, moving its hands around in a worried manner, I smiled a little bit at that. "No, whatever you did was great, thank you ... Who are you ? And what are you exactly ?" I said sternly, I didn't like the person who always beat around the bush.

"Oh, excuse my rudeness, I am Papyrus, caretaker of this area called The Ruins, when I saw you with all that blood on your cloths and skin, I couldn't resist to help you, so here we are, in my trusty and beloved house !" He explained the situation to me, in a very loud voice. "Well, thanks. Helping a stranger is very nice, but you never know what motives they have." I said with a deep voice, Papyrus just smiled at me. "That's why I helped you, to ask you what are you doing down here, in the Underground ?" He asked me, truth be told, I didn't want to talk about my past life on the Surface. Wait a minute. "Wait, THE Underground ? Filled by monsters after the Human-Monster War ?" I said, I was stunned to learn that such a place exist after all. "I can't see another Underground, so yeah. Welcome !" He said with a proud face. It was sweet seeing a little positivity. "Thanks, but I don't want to bother you any longer." I said, leaving the room.

"Don't worry human, you won't bother my bones one bit ! I even made some spaghetti for you incase you would be hungry !" He said with a faster pace this time. I then noticed that I was hungry to the point where it hurt. "That would be nice, thanks." I said to him, I think I never said as many thanks as now. Heh. "Oh, and I washed your clothes and took care of your belongings, they're waiting for you on the table. Please go ahead, I need to do something." He said, leaving the room as well and taking a turn somewhere. Since it wasn't in my house, I decided to not follow him but follow his words instead.

"There you are buddy." I said looking at my knife. Wait, did he said that he washed my clothes ? I knew that I wasn't naked or just in underwear, but what clothes do I have ? I saw a mirror in the corridor so I decided to have a look. I was wearing some midnight blue shirt with brown jeans. Heh, that skeleton got simple but good taste in fashion.

I once again made my way towards the table to see that he indeed left a plate of freshly cooked spaghetti, even with tomato sauce and meatballs. Damn that's a meal right there. He did said that he cooked it for me, so might as well eat it. I sat down and took the fork, spinning it in the dish enough to have a nice fork. I blow some air on it because it was still steaming and after three or four blows, I put the spaghetti in my mouth. "Fucking hell !" I said out loud, I think I never ate something this good in a long time. So basically, I demolished that thing. 

"Ohoh, you were very hungry as I can see !" His loud voice was breaking my thoughts. I turned to my left to see Papyrus smiling at me. "Of course, and I might say, it was delicious, thanks Papyrus !" I said, feeling happy that I found a really kind host down there. "Come on, that's normal. Say, human, what is your name ?" He asked, oh, yeah, I forgot to introduce myself. "Oh yeah, sorry. My name is Y/N." I said, smiling a little bit. It was weird to smile, but then, I didn't even bother to die it down. "Y/N. Nice name, but not as great as mine !" He said, standing in a proud way. I scoffed a little when I saw him being happy with his own name. He was giving that innocent yet mature vibe, it was sweet. But then, even if I wanted to fall, I still needed to go back to the Surface.

"Hey Papyrus ?" I asked his name, he smiled at me. I don't know why, but I knew that if I said that I wanted to go back to the Surface, he won't let me. So I needed to lie.

...

What are you thinking Y/N. Lying was never a choice in your life, and it won't start now.

"What is it ?" He asked, breaking my train of thoughts. "Listen, I like it here, truly. But I need to go back to where I live, can you show me the exit ?" I said, looking serious. His expression turned blank and then sad. "I knew it, after all you are from the world ahead. Follow me." He said, with a surprisingly dead voice. I followed him. Soon, we were in some sort corridor and at the end, was a huge door with the same symbol of his shirt. 

"You can't go out here, brot ... The King, Sans will hunt you down for your soul. I can't let another child get killed." He said sadly. I know basic things like soul traits. But another child ? "So I'm not the first who fell down here ?" I asked to myself, but Papyrus seemed to take that question for him. "Indeed, you are the eighth human who fell. And I can't let out go out." He said, summoning a bone ... Insanely cool. "Listen Papyrus, I know that you're worried about me, but I can defend myself greatly." I said, of course I could defend myself. "Then show me." He said to me, taking a fighting stance. "I won't fight you, I can't fight innocent people who kindly helped me." I said, and that seemed to work, as he despawned his bone. "I can't even do it. Pathetic aren't I ?" He said with a sad voice. "Not at all, you're truly kind. Your choice comes from good intent, but you can't force someone to live here." I said. "That's true, but please, before you go out, promise me something." He said. I hated promises, but this one could be good to have. "Please, take this phone, and when you're out here, I want you to call me at least once a week to tell me you're alright. Can you do this for me ?" He asked, he was acting like a worried father. Some could take notice from him. I gently took the phone and smiled at him. "Sure thing, Papyrus." I said, he sadly smiled as he opened the door. "Thanks for everything Papyrus, I'll repay that kindness one day." I said, walking through the door. "Be careful Y/N. Goodbye." He said, closing the door, making a loud noise.

I walked some more as I noticed some door at the end of that area. I noticed that there was a flower patch, the same one where that flower with a hat came from. "Damn, you made him sad." Talking about the demon. "Who the fuck are you ?" I asked sternly. "Call me Boogie, don't worry, I won't be dangerous for you, your soul is too powerful for me. But I'll be watching you." The flower, Boogie said before disappearing into the ground. "Fucking weirdo." I said while I walked towards that door. I took the handle and took a deep breath before opening it.

"Here we go."