Little Miss Steal Ur Girl

Start from the beginning

"What?" Lily asked still oblivious. Then she looked down at the potion and gasped, her face instantly burning the brightest red Aveline had ever seen. "No," Lily gasped.

"Oh. my. merlin—"

"Don't you tell a single soul Aveline or I'll throw you in the black lake!" Lily seethed at her with a stern expression and pointed finger.

Aveline was giggling to herself as she continued to add the pearl dust. Lily to flustered to be any sort of help. The girl refused to even lift her bright red face, staring at the table intensely.

It wasn't until Aveline was doing the final stirring that the sent hit her.

"Ooo I smell hot chocolate, cigarettes  and something mi—"

She paused, cutting herself off.

What she was about to say is that she smelt something minty. Minty like the smell of Remus's cologne that he wears every single day, that lingered on his knitted sweaters and in her hair when he hugged her.

"And what?" Lily asked

"Juuust hot chocolate," Aveline responded, scratching the back of her neck.

Lily raised her eyebrow and gave her a knowing look, before shaking her head with her red face.

Behind them James wasn't at all surprised at what he smelt. The smell of Lily's perfume, his mothers chocolate chip cookies, and a hint of cigarette smoke. He didn't particularly like the smell of cigarettes, but he figured it was most liked from the times Aveline and Sirius would come back from their walks over the summer, the smell lingering on them ever so slightly.

"I knew I love her," James sighed contently, looking over at Lily with a smile. "Didn't need magic to tell me that."

Remus snorted,' pretending to be uninterested in the whole thing. Flipping through the textbook as if it was more entertaining then the potion.

"Come on Moony, what do you smell," James encouraged, poking him in the face to get him to pay attention.

Remus shrugged, not picking up his eyes. "Nothing really."

He was lying, most definitely. It was the smell of hot chocolate, and cigarettes— which was understandable. Though the third scent was the smell of soft citrus orange and Vanilla. Also known as Aveline Rosier's signature sent. It was the smell of her shampoo and conditioner, in the hand lotion she sometimes put on during class, and even the perfume she wore on occasions. It was this smell that the was strongest, filling all his senses and making his stomach feel warm.

"Oh come on Moony spit it out."

He huffed, looking up at James with a bored expression.

"Hot chocolate, cigarettes and Aveline," he whispered to James as if it was no big deal, going back to flip through the textbook.

"You smell WHO!?" James hollered, and instantly the whole class was looking at them.

Remus's face turning red as he placed it in his hands. Shaking his head at James Potter and his antics. He didn't even know what possessed him to tell James. He sort of was hoping James would say that it was no big deal, and him smelling Aveline was just because they were friends, and Remus loved his friends.

He was saved by the door opening, in walking Regulus Black with a package for Slughorn. He scrunched up his nose as he walked past Aveline and Lily.

"A bit heavy on the perfume today Rosier?" the boy taunted, very well loud enough for the entire class to hear.

It was moments like these where it didn't matter who you were— Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, halfblood, pureblood or muggle born— nearly everyone had the same reaction. Jaws dropping all over the room as Theodore Nott let out an audible shriek. Even Slughorn's jaw dropped, covering it up with a friendly chuckle.

Lily looked like her eyes were about to fall out of her head, turning to look at James who had the exact same expression. The two of them sharing a look that said what the actual fuck.

Remus was sitting their with a look of pure disgust on his face as he stared at Regulus, simply thinking of all the ways he could pumble him into pieces.

And as for Aveline herself she was so shocked her whole body was frozen. Looking at Regulus with a blank expression.

Regulus gave her a weird look as if he couldn't understand why everyone was acting so odd, handing them package over to Slughorn. No one said a single word as Regulus left the room. Though the moment the door left everyone began whispering amongst themselves.

"No way Regulus is in love with you!" Lily giggled, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Oh this is going to be wonderful to tell Sirius!" James laughed as he tossed his head back.
______

It was not wonderful telling Sirius. No matter how much Aveline begged Remus and James not to say anything, the moment they all got to the common room James blurted.

"Your brother is in love with Aveline! He smelt her perfume in amortentia!"

"He WHAT?" Sirius snapped jumping to his feet. He rounded on Aveline with wild looking eyes, looking half ready to kill her. "Please do not say you smelt him too. Your practically cousins!"

Aveline instantly shook her head, much to embarrassed by the situation. Sure Regulus was cute, but she always saw him in a cute little brother way. She was a bit disturbed to find out how thought about her most definitely not like an older sister .

"No! Of course I don't smell your little brother!" She answered, shaking her head disgusted by the mere thought.

"Good," Sirius answered pacing infront of her. "So what do you smell then? You sure it's not Reggie?"

"I'm 100% positive."

"Okay then what is it?" Sirius asked, awaiting her answer.

From the couch Remus was watching the whole thing go down. His eyes glued to Aveline and the way Sirius's questions were making her squirm. She was clearly uncomfortable, but he couldn't deny he wanted to know as much as Sirius.

"Merlin Sirius! Like I said it's not your brother!"

"The who is it? If it's a girl, that's fine by me! We support you!

"Yes it's Lily," she answered in an annoyed tone.

"WHAT?" James hollered launching himself from his chair. "We do not support you if it's Lily! Aveline, please don't decide you love Lily. I'll have no shot if you she ever finds out you like her too!"

Aveline rolled her eyes, picking up her backpack off the ground and shrugging it on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" James asked in a panicked tone.

Aveline smirked at him, sending him a wink.

"To snog your girlfriend in a broom closet."

James looked as if he was about to faint.