Does being crazy run in the family?

Start from the beginning

She reached up and wiped the tear that was threatening to fall from her eye, tugging the blanket tighter around her shoulders. It was plain to her this was the work of Evan. Evan with his sadistic pyscopathic tendencies. The way their last argument ended off with him calling her what was written in blood on the bed.

"I'm not sure Sir," she lied, looking up into his eyes.

The way Dumbledore looked at her made it seem like he was looking right through her. Staring at with a blank expression for what felt like a good couple minutes. Eventually he merely nodded not wanting to ask any more questions. It was clearly a sensitive situation. Aveline's eyes not moving once from the swinging dead rabbit.

"Minvera, if you could please get the Head girl and boy, and all our prefects. I think it's best if we evacuate the Hufflepuff common room for the night. Split them into the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor common rooms for the night," Dumbledore stated turning to the deputy headmistress.

She nodded, scurrying off to deliver the message.
_____________

It was Lily Evans who barged into the Gryffindor common room almost exactly five minutes later. Out of breath and eyes scanning the room for two particular seventh year boys. When she spotted Remus and James she ran over, face red.

"Heya Lily—"

"We need to go," Lily cut James off with not a single sense of joke in her voice. "Mcgonagall just told something has happened in the Hufflepuff common room. They are evacuating it, and all the prefects are supposed to help."

At once James and Remus jumped up, exchanging a concerned look. It didn't take a genius to figure out what they all were thinking of— or rather who. Aveline, the hufflepuff who spent way too much time with them. She would've been the first one to come and grab them if something happened. So either she was involved, or she was already taking orders from a teacher.

When they arrived at the Hufflepuff common room the Hufflepuff Prefects were already filtering all the younger students out. A mass of tiny 11 and 12 year olds swimming around them as they tried to make it towards the door.

There was five Hufflepuff prefects that Remus could count. Which meant one was missing— irony in the fact the missing one was the only one he gave a shit about.

"Diggory!" Remus barked over the crowd, almost pushing over a first year to get closer to the door. "Where's Aveline?"

In this moment Remus didn't care that he hadn't talked to the girl for weeks. Nor did he care that he had no right to be caring about her so much after the bull shit he pulled.

But all he knew was that if he didn't find out where she was and what happened in the next five minutes he would burn the fucking school down.

Which was not good, considering Amos Diggory picked this beautiful little moment out of all moments, to be a condescending dick.

"Mmm Lupin last time I checked your not head boy? The Prefects are supposed to be helping lead students back to common rooms," Amos sassed, almost looking proud of himself.

"You little shi—"

"Alright Diggory well I am head boy, where is she?"

James cut in before it could progress to anything worse. The Potter boy parted through the crowd, placing a hand on Remus's shoulder. A sign for him to calm down.

"She's probably in the common room, I don't know," Amos snapped, and if Remus had any more of a temper he would've beat the shit out of him just for the fuck of it.