_"Scarlet Marie Styles." Harry answered, watching as the nurses move around the little body covered in red and gunk._

_"Harry, the nurses are going to clean her up before you see her, she's got a bit more gunk up her nose then I like to see." The doctor informed him as he began the process of stitching Harry up._

_A short while later, one of the nurses is coming back into the room with the baby wrapped in a pink blanket. She hands her off to Niall who immediately turns to give her to Harry. He's just stopping sniffling when Niall hands her over to him and as soon as he looks at her he's crying again. She so perfect He had his doubts when he was pregnant with her, sometimes thinking how hard it was going to be to raise her without another parent around, but looking at her now sleeping soundly in his arms for the very first time he's beyond happy and he knows they're gonna be okay._

_*End Flashback*_

"Alright there babe?" Louis' voice bought Harry out of his memory.

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm good, was just thinking." Harry responded, realizing he had stopped mid cut on some veggies and continued to cut them up.

"What about?" Louis questioned, pressing to Harry's side and watching him cut up carrots for his chicken soup.

"Just about when Scar was born." Harry answered, moving his fingers along as he cut.

"Oh." Louis responded quietly, leaning his head on Harry's shoulder. "I wish I had been there... I'm so sorry I wasn't.."

"It's okay Lou, you're here now - better late than never." Harry said knocking his head against Louis' gently. "Now stop distracting me so can finish dinner"

Louis chuckled, kissed Harry's cheek, and then wondered outside where Scarlet was kicking around her football, practicing with the nets they had set up. Sugar was laying on the stone porch with her head resting between her paws as she watched the ball roll around the yard.

"Feeling a bit left out Sugar?" Louis questioned and the dog lifted her head and Louis swears she understood the question because she gives him this look then drops her head again.

He laughed and sat down next to her on the porch and stroked her soft white ears. Eventually Scarlet came to join them, kicking her football over to the steps then walking up.

"She's been watching me the whole time." Scarlet said reaching down to pet the dog.

"Probably wishing you'd throw her ball around." Louis responded and Scarlet hummed in agreement.

"Is daddy almost done making dinner?" She questioned, moving to get Sugar's ball.

"You've probably got thirty or forty minutes." Louis answered.

Scarlet walked back down into the backyard and called for Sugar. The white dog jumped up and ran down into the yard, chasing after the bright pink ball when Scarlet threw it. Louis watched, leaning against the railing of the porch as they played together with a smile on his face. This was his family. Harry, Scarlet, Sugar, and Oliver - they were his family.

A while later Harry stuck his head out one of the sets of French doors leading to the backyard and called that dinner was ready. Louis called Scarlet in and sent her off to wash her hands while he joined Harry in the kitchen.

The younger of the two pulled down dishes for the food while the older got glasses and filled them with ice and tea. By the time Scarlet gets back from the bathroom Harry's got the food on the table and he and Louis are already sitting down.

"So how was school today bug?" Harry questioned.

Scarlet shrugged her shoulders as she picked up her fork. She's been back in school since the end of August and every day they pretty much receive the same response from her.