Chapter 1- Birth of a Journey

Hello again, all! Sorry I have taken soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time to upload! I feel really bad and I don't think I will ever be able to say sorry enough.

Anyway, Riley and Ree will be getting ready to go on their very own journey! Hope you guys enjoy! ;P ------------------------------------

[Riley's POV]
*Beep, beep, beep* I hear the sound of the alarm clock and slam down the stop button.

I take a look at the time.

8 AM.

I sigh tiredly and walk into the kitchen, pouring a bowl of cereal. The chef walks in and gasps at the sight of me making my own breakfast.

I turn and look at him, uninterested. Oh, yeah... he's been sick for the past week... Better tell him before he gets a heart attack or something...

"Chef Linguini, today is the day that I'm going to begin my journey. Or at least, I hope so..." I start.

"So, I will have to start doing things on my own instead of having 5 chefs cook my meals every day."

The plump man looks at me and chuckles.

"Yes, yes, I suppose you're right. Have fun, young man! Make me proud!" He shouts in his Italian accent, patting me on the head.

I smile and turn back to my cereal, finishing my breakfast.

When I'm full, I put my bowl in the sink and walk back into my bedroom, finding Ree still fast asleep in his bed.

I laugh quietly and start getting into the clothes I'm going to be wearing on my journey. I throw on a black tank top and my navy blue coat over it. I pull up my grey jeans and slide on my black fingerless gloves. I buckle my belt, slightly slanted on my waist and tie my brown boots. After I dress, I brush my teeth and do everything else when I'm done.

I grab my backpack and throw it over my shoulder, then walk to Ree and start shaking him slightly.

"Ree, let's go! You wanna go on this journey, right?" I whisper, making him jet straight up.

"JOURNEY DAY! I CANT WAIT TO START OUR JOURNEY! THIS IS GON-" I put my hand over his mouth to stop him from yelling.

"Ree!" I whisper-shout.

"Almost everybody in the castle is still asleep! Are you trying to wake them up or something! You have to keep your voice down!"

He nods in agreement, making me lower my hand from his mouth.

Yes, I know what you might be thinking: his Pokémon can talk?!

Well, yes.

I thought it would be cool to teach Ree how to talk, so I never really put him in his Pokéball.

I guess he just picked up the language from hearing so much conversation.

(A/N: kind of like Meowth from Team Rocket)

Ree follows me into my mom's bedroom.

It's a huge, pink and gold- colored room with a king-sized bed and a gigantic window that has an amazing view of the ocean.

Ree and I approach my mom casually, then break out into a plea on our knees.

"Please let us go on our journey! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us! Please, Mom?!" We simultaneously beg.

The red haired woman sweat drops, laughing but sighing at the same time.

"Well, you two are right. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but I'll have to think about it" is her response, which doesn't surprise me.