Chapter 5- Versus Barry!

Hello again, PokéFans!

I'm just gonna keep saying this every chapter, so u should probably do it:

GET POKEMON AMINO!

My gosh, I swear, u guys don't listen XP

When you get it, put your account username in the comments, and I'll follow you ;)

So, yeah, have fun and enjoy!

(Pic of Barry's Chimchar)

[Riley's POV]

I sit on the bench silently, marveling at my new watch, as Starla comes back from the PokéCenter with Silver in her arms, Ree following close behind.

"What took you guys so long?" I question, making them all deadpan.

Starla comes up and punches me on the back of the head, shouting "DID YOU NOT SEE THE LINE?!"

I rub the back of my head and ignore her shouting, deciding it's best that I don't test her patience.

After setting the appropriate time on my new Pokétch, I get nearly trampled by that annoying blonde Barry.

We both fall to the ground, groaning in pain.

I jump to my feet, infuriated.

"BARRY, YOU BAKA! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" I shout, as he sweatdrops and starts to stand up.

He chuckles slightly, rubbing his forehead and grabbing the PokéBall he dropped. "Heheh, sorry-uhh... What was your name again?" He asks, as I facepalm.

"Riley" I answer in the most dull voice I can muster.

But he ignores me, staring at his PokéBall emotionlessly.

I wonder what's going on...

[Barry's POV]

I stare at the PokéBall in my hand, but not exactly the PokéBall itself, but what's in the PokéBall...

A small, red-colored chimp Pokémon is inside, tiny brown eyes staring into mine, looking as if it wants something...

Let me out... is what it seems to be saying.

I wanna battle...

My brows furrow, and I nod my head, knowing what must happen...

[Riley's POV]

"Riley, I challenge you to a battle!" The blonde suddenly bursts.

Both mine and Ree's eyes get wide, then Ree jumps forward and throws an arm to the side, declaring, "We accept your challenge!"

My partner looks at me, green eyes wide and hopeful, making me nod, as I find it hard to say no.

"Do your worst, Barry!" I exclaim, as he nods and throws his PokéBall into the air.

"Go, Chimchar!" he shouts, as the PokéBall opens in mid-air, releasing a beam of light that forms a small chimp.

When the light clears, the whole Pokémon can be seen.

It's a shade of red, with a little curl on the top of its head. A small ember burns bright, which I suppose is it's tail, and a red bandana is wrapped around its neck.

Chim, charr! It shouts, pumping it's fist.

I pull out my Pokédex to see what it says about this Pokémon...

Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon. It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is out out when it sleeps.

"Hmph, we got this! A little fire never hurt anyone, right?" I say enthusiastically.

Ree sweatdrops and says, "ever been inside a fire?"

"Heh, alright, Chimchar, let's start this with a Scratch attack!" Barry commands, as his Chimchar lunges at Ree with long, white claws.

I watch Ree get hit and smirk.

"Ree, use Counter!" I shout. Ree's eyes begin to glow white, as he runs up to Barry's Chimchar and punches it straight in the face, draining a lot of its HP.

Barry gasps and runs up to his partner. "You okay, bud?" He asks.

His Chimchar stands up slowly, then nods. Chimchar, Chim! It says firmly, then jumps back into the battle.

"Alright, now use Growl!" the blonde shouts to his Pokémon.

It obeys orders and starts to growl at Ree, making him sweatdrop and take a step back.

"Urk... alright, run at him with Quick Attack!" I exclaim, as Ree does said Quick Attack.

But, before he can land the hit, Chimchar jumps into the air, and uses Leer on Ree.

The Leer lowers defense, and Growl lowers attack, so Barry must be planning to shut down Ree's stats so he's left useless!

"Alright Chimchar, keep Leering!" Barry yells to his Pokémon, who continues.

I have to find a way to get Ree out of this...

"Okay, time to use Ember!"

The small chimp Pokémon suddenly blows a mouthful of Embers at Ree, sending him into a building and leaving him with a burn.

I stare with wide eyes at the current situation, then close my eyes to think...

Okay, so Ree has a burn, which will keep chipping away at his HP until he faints, but if he faints, we lose...

I have to end this quickly, so I decide to use the fastest move Ree knows, with a little strategic kick of my own.

"Okay, Ree, try to hang in there and use Quick Attack in a circular motion!" I command, as he follows suit.

Barry stares, confused, not sure of what to do and how to react.

I can tell his guard is down, so I decide it's the perfect time to attack.

"Ree, now hit Chimchar with your super-charged Quick Attack!"

My Pokémon immediately breaks the circle and bashes right into Barry's Chimchar, so fast it almost looks like he teleported.

The collision sends Chimchar flying right into a distant tree.

A small smirk appears on my face, as Starla starts cheering and Barry rushes over to hi KOed Pokémon, Ree panting heavily.

I walk over to my exhausted partner and pat his head, telling him "Good job" and picking him up and carrying him in my arms.

I approach Barry, who is on his knees, comforting his Pokémon and returning it to its PokéBall.

I stick out my hand to congratulate him, which he gratefully shakes and uses to stand up.

"Good match, you really had me worried that I would lose" I semi-gloat, to which the blonde pulls his hand back and replies, "Yeah, you too. Chimchar an I just need to practice a little more, and we'll be the best in no time!"

After he clips the PokéBall to his belt, he mock salutes and dashes to the PokéCenter, which I think isn't a bad idea and follow.

Starla and Silver rejoin me, as they both worriedly inspect my exhausted partner, making sure he's okay.

I approach the PokéCenter, but blanche at the sight of the line.

Starla crosses her arms and taps her foot on the ground.

"Told ya' so" she teases, as I groan and step into the line.

-----------------------

End of chapter 5, vote, comment, follow, let me know how I can improve, because your thoughts matter, and have fun in Pokémon Amino! ;P