Intro

Hey, guys! Decided to write a Pokémon fan fiction, so here it is! Might not be able to write to often though... :/

[Riley's POV]

I rub my eyes, trying to stop the flow of tears.

"M-mommy! W-wh-why h-hasn't Chance c-come b-back yet?!" I cry, suddenly feeling sick.

I feel a reassuring hand stroke my navy blue hair and pulling me into their warm embrace.

"Aww, honey! I don't know any easy way to say this, but Chance... Well, Chance was kidnapped." The calm voice informs, making the tears start to stop.

"W-what d-does k-kidnapped mean?" I ask anxiously.

She looks up, seemingly thinking about something. She then looks back down at me, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"When someone is kidnapped... It means... Bad people stole them" she answers, trying not to cry.

My eyes widen in shock, finally realizing what is happening.

I look up at my mom, who has started crying. For some reason, I feel... calm... I can't imagine why, though, considering my elder brother has just been taken away from me...

I wrap my arms around my mother's neck, whispering, "It's gonna be okay, mommy. The whole royal guard is looking for him, right? I'm sure we'll find him."

I take my arms from around my mother's neck, and she kisses me on the forehead.

Smiling, she responds, "Thank you, sweetheart. I know we'll find him."

All of a sudden, the royal Pokémon comes rushing down the hallway, shouting, "Your Majesty, you won't believe what we've found in the berry fields!"

The red haired woman jolts straight up, putting me on her back and running after the breeder, into the breeding room.

It's a big room, the floor completely made of plastic grass, the walls and roof painted blue with clouds here and there.

My mother sits me down in front of a big, black egg with blue speckles on it, making my eyes sparkle.

"*Sniff* W-what's that?" I ask curiously. The royal Pokémon breeder walks over and kneels right next to me, placing a hand on my head.

"That is an egg I happened to come across in the berry fields. I don't know how it possibly could've gotten there, though. I brought it back to the castle so that the royal professor can research it" the blonde informs me.

All of a sudden, the egg begins to crack. My eyes widen in shock, but still sparkling with excite.

-(A/N: the egg started cracking at the top XD sorry)-

As soon as the cracks reach the bottom of the egg, a small blue Pokémon pops out of the egg.

It has black punchy-bag-thingies on the back of its head, and a large white oval on each of it's hands. The three of us gasp in shock.

"It's... It's a Riolu!" The breeder cries, making me laugh.

The small blue Pokémon looks at me, small, emerald green eyes fixed on mine. Immediately I feel a strange connection with the Pokémon.

The Riolu jumps into my arms, exclaiming "Riolu, Ree!"

That gives me an idea.

"I think I'll call you... Ree!" I giggle happily.

My mom puts a hand on my head and nods.

"Yes, Ree has a lovely ring to it" she complies. I look up at her ecstatically, then continue hugging Ree.

I can't believe it... a brother in trade for a Pokémon...

------------------Ree the Riolu... It does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it? XD kidding. So, please tell me how you guys liked it so far, please vote, comment, and also read my Naruto fanfic, "The Kunoichi's Wish"

Thanks again, and I'll talk to y'all in chapter 1!