Hazards of the Job

Theseus was sandwiched between his sleeping brother and a sleeping Tina and had to be honest he wasn't overjoyed with the arrangement. They had all been happily eating breakfast in the case, able to stretch their legs and breathe air that wasn't tainted by various stenches, when an administration elf had tapped on the lid and politely but very passive-aggressively told them that the rules clearly stated that magically expanded accommodation was banned and if they wished for it to remain in one piece they were to leave immediately and sit crammed in the cabin really made for four at most. Newt had been horrified by the suggestion that his most precious possession be destroyed to the extent he had fallen asleep holding it in fear that they'd somehow take it, despite the fact Tina had doused the thing in so many detection charms he was surprised he couldn't hear it crackling. On the other side of Tina sat Lally who was squashed against the window and had Tina leaning heavily on her shoulder. She was now staring grumpily out of the window after a failed attempt to rescue her braids from under Tina's cheek. Opposite him Bunty was making notes in a notebook with baby Nifflers running around her shoulders and lap, occasionally trying to steal a quill nib, and while Jacob was reading the latest edition of fantastic beasts, Queenie was knitting something resembling a scarf.

It was a strangely domestic sight and Theseus would be enjoying the moment of quiet by consulting the maps Newt had drawn up after breakfast after a lot of awkwardly apologetic looks to Jacob and Tina. Something had obviously happened there and Theseus had to be honest he wasn't sure if he wanted to know. However, he was stuck with his brother deeply asleep on his shoulder in a way that completely wrote off his right arm. When Newt used to fall asleep on him regularly when they were both children he was usually able to squirm out, pick him up or one of their parents would grab him and carry him to bed. Apart from the obvious fact that their parents weren't there his baby brother now easily weighed as much as him and had the muscles of an auror while somehow still looking weak. Theseus didn't like his chances of trying to get that much sleeping dead weight off of him without catapulting one of them onto the floor.

"We've got to be there soon?" Lally murmured as she moved slightly, causing Tina to scrunch up her nose and somehow get closer to Lally making her roll her eyes and continue "Because Tina hasn't slept on me like this since finals"
"She never slept during test weeks, you should've been there for the auror exams"
Queenie tutted, handing Jacob her knitting as she went digging in her purse for another round of wool.
"I can imagine"
"I don't know what's up with this one though" Theseus muttered as Newt let out a deep sigh in his sleep and he looked down at his brother's head with annoyance brewing. Jacob had put down his book at this point, his hands being used to stop the wool from tangling, and shrugged with a grin
"He and Teen seemed pretty wide awake when I went to get you guys if you know what I mean"
"What!" He near shouted, causing both of the sleeping people to stir slightly so he repeated under his breath "What?"
"Either they'd just kissed or were gonna kiss and they seemed pretty- y know" he gestured with the wool and Queenie clucked her tongue as she went back to her knitting.
"That was gonna be their first kiss- Oh why couldn't those breakfast guys be a bit later"
"I thought they'd made up a load of rubbish in order to stop that happening"
"So did I but they clearly weren't even convincing themselves"
Lally replied looking over Tina's head at him with a small smile on her face. He smiled back, the action for some reason he'd found easier since he met the witch, and was about to say something no doubt illustrious and charming when Newt groaned on his shoulder and then yawned.
"Awake are you?"
Theseus asked and the response was a grumble as Pickett appeared to make his way out of Newt's pocket to start chirping in Newt's ear.
"Pickett-"
The chirping got louder and Newt mumbled again
"Pickett you cannot possibly be hungry"
More chirping then Newt let out a huff and sat up, hair an arguable hurricane on his head before beginning to root through his pockets with a face he remembered more from Newts his grumpy toddler moments while muttering under his breath.