Forty-Four

Guitargirl9
St. Louis, MO

Liked by sadielady, and othersGuitargirl9: Home, where everybody knows your name

Guitargirl9: Home, where everybody knows your name...

Sadielady: I am seeing you this time you're home! Whooo!!

5sossies: peep the vinyl on the shelf 👀 girl's got taste

***

Luke frowns as he sees the post, having not heard from Elodie in about two days, despite his reaching out, and definitely not having been informed of her going back to St. Louis. Is she running away? Did something happen? It couldn't be the fans, right? The few rumors on Twitter weren't enough to send her running... were they?

Swiping out of Instagram he finds her contact hitting call, hoping this time maybe she'll answer him. After quite a few rolling tones it cuts, the automated voice informing him that the person at her number is not available and to leave a message. Waiting a moment more for the beep he sighs, "Hey, pretty girl. I haven't heard from you in a couple days and I don't know why. I saw on Instagram that you went home, I hope it wasn't because of the fans. Please call me back soon, El. I... I really miss you. And I want to know what's going on. I'm always here if you need anything, I'd have gone home with you if you'd asked. Alright, call me back please, pretty girl. Bye." Luke sighs, wishing he hadn't thought the three words he had while leaving that message, especially if she's going to break his heart soon... a fear he can't quiet after her sudden silence the last two days.

Dropping onto the couch, he sighs, his heart leaping as his phone starts ringing only a moment later, frowning when he realizes it isn't Elodie calling back. "Hello?" He answers tentatively, not sure who will be on the other end.

"Good morning, my name is Lisa Tuttle and I work for the Studio City Police Department, I am looking for a Mr. Luke Hemmings."

"This is he." Luke swallows hard. What the fuck could the police want from him?

"Good. Mr. Hemmings there was an incident yesterday involving two women," His heart plummets into his stomach as she starts, knowing there are only two women they would be calling him about... missing the rest of what she says.

"What did Amy do to Elodie?" He asks as he realizes the line has gone quiet, fear edging its way into his voice.

"A miss Elodie Stewart came into our station early yesterday afternoon with a couple of injuries and a photograph of the woman who attacked her. She asked to press charges and apply for a restraining order against the woman who she identified as an Amy Burgess. During the interview, and in the paperwork she filled out, your name came up as a witness to the crimes and threats Ms. Burgess has inflicted to Ms. Stewart, along with other possible incidents of abuse or attacks Ms. Burgess may have inflicted on other people."

"I, I wasn't with Elodie yesterday, but other times I have witnessed things, and I was abused by Amy for a while, though I never pressed charges against her for those instances."