Chapter 21

But I crumble completelywhen you cry

when you cry

505 by Arctic Monkeys

As the group headed towards the door they came from, y/n could feel the heavy burden of the deal Lumine had offered

If the Prinzessin that the Tsaritsa was searching for was the same princess Oz has been looking for, then they already have a good path of where to start. The only issue was that not even Ozvaldo had any clue where she was.

Once being faced with the door, y/n opened it and allowed the rest of the group to enter. With Aether breathing softly on their back, they could only assume he was passed out. So once all of them entered, they immediately rushed him to the comfort of the couch.

Lumine faced her head towards the blond male and let out a sigh of annoyance. "I'll work on the medicine for him, you start patching him up."

Y/n nodded quickly at the directions and searched the wooden cupboards for a medkit. For some reason, y/n wasn't being overwhelmed with shock. It felt as if the atmosphere was still building. Something was still in the making, but they didn't know what.

Shaking off the feeling, they rushed towards the injured blond and lifted him up so he was against the back of the couch. He groaned and slightly opened his eyes to find y/n fully concentrated on the open gashes across his body.

With gentle movements, they grabbed his arm and felt a cold rush of energy. Slowly, they wrapped the bandage around his shoulder, and continued the process with each scar across his arm. "Y/n, I'm fine, really." Aether grumbled as he lifted his arm and rested it on theirs. Y/n only pushed it off, and kept a firm grip on his wrist as they finished patching up his first arm.

To what y/n least suspected, Aether instead let out a breathy laugh and plopped his head onto the couch's back, his head sinking slightly into the cushion. "You know y/n, you never needed to stick around to help us." The boy started, catching the attention of the individual hovering above him.

With a gentle sigh, he lifted up his opposite arm for them and continued, "You shouldn't need to force yourself into our mess. My mess. It's not your fault for being a part of everything." Y/n only smiled gently at the use of words. They weren't forcing themselves to stay. Perhaps it was their emotions, or acceptance of what had truly been occurring over the last few months, but in the end, their choices were the things that brought them here now.