Chapter 15

But the future does not depend on what happened in your past

Comfort Zone by Yot Club

As the wind picked up around them, so did y/n's confusion

As the wind picked up around them, so did y/n's confusion. They tried to write in the notebook to ask what was happening, yet it was flown in the air along with multiple other objects that had scattered about the room.

"He's changing the house. It'll probably lead to other places as well." Lumine whispered to y/n, loud enough so that the wind didn't overlap her voice.

As the wind picked up, pressure built over them and it felt as if a huge weight was slowly falling. Aether, with Paimon turning into stars beside him, started floating, and seemingly controlling the objects spiralling around.

The area around them began to shift and objects were flown across rooms. The walls stretched and sank, colours flooded different surfaces, and furniture appeared creating a homey atmosphere around the moving castle.

Y/n watched as the world in front of them unfolded into a familiar sight, leading their heart to sink a bit. The house seemed familiar, and they were able to recognize it very easily.

Once the wind calmed down, Aether had gently placed his feet back on the ground. Paimon reappeared, leaving both of them to sigh from exhaustion. Aether looked around the new house with a smile across his features, before he turned towards y/n.

His smile immediately dropped when he realised the expression plastered on y/n's face. He had recreated y/n's house, to possibly make them feel a little more at home, yet instead of an exciting one, y/n's face held sadness, and guilt.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I can change it." Aether spoke quietly, looking towards Paimon.

They stood up and walked towards Aether. Without knowing where their notebook was, they could only resort to actions. So, without a thought, y/n wrapped their arms around him and leaned their head against Aether. He froze at the action, but returned the hug with a sigh of relief.

A soft breeze brushed past y/n and they raised their head away from Aether. They noticed their notebook on the floor, and when they let go of Aether to grab it, he gave them a soft smile. Y/n smiled back, and in their notebook, they wrote a single sentence,