Chapter 11

But I'm a creepI'm a weirdo

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo

Creep by Radiohead

"AETHER" Lumine screamed, and started running towards him

Suddenly, she let go of her bleeding arm and held her good arm towards Aether, causing a rock to form under him. He was pushed up just in time for the ice spikes to barely miss him.

He gasped, and turned his head to face Lumine who nodded at him. He clenched his fist but felt something in his hand. It was his sword.

He threw his head towards the ground to be met with y/n on the ground panting. He was about to thank them, but instead of warmth he saw panic fill their eyes, and when he turned around to look for what was alarming them, they shot a finger in the air above him.

He swung his head towards the area above him, only to flinch at the sight of a huge block of ice forming above him. Yet once he composed himself enough not to panic, his calmness fell when the ice started to fall. Within the few seconds he had until he'd be crushed, his mind wandered through hundreds of possibilities that could save him.

'I can't jump down because of the spikes, y/n nor Lumine are able to get here quick enough, can I move it with my anemo?' and as his heart pounded out of his chest, he infused his sword with anemo, and stabbed it towards the sky.

As he unclenched his eyes, he realised he hadn't been crushed, and Aether breathed out a sigh of relief. He had cut the block in half, and blew the sides away from him.

"Aether!" Lumine called out as she finally made her way towards him. "We need to get out of here." After saying that, she ripped off her scarf and tied it around the wound on her arm.

He nodded at her and stared at the archon who was visibly annoyed.

"You three are not getting away." She grumbled and threw her hand out, causing ice shards to start falling down from the roof.

"This woman will not give us a break will she.." Lumine groaned and more rocks made of geo floated towards Aether from her, forming a bridge.

Aether thanked her and ran down the bridge before calling out, "Y/n! Hurry, we've gotta get out."