Chapter 2

You're coming backand it's the end of the world

You're coming back
and it's the end of the world

I Want You by Mitski

The walk home was quiet and peaceful, and the world seemed as if it revolved around the sunset looming over Mond

The walk home was quiet and peaceful, and the world seemed as if it revolved around the sunset looming over Mond. Y/n had walked through the main town, wondering how they should prepare the next medicine, as they walked by conversations of many people.

"The drinks in the tavern have gotten quite expensive.."

"Have you heard? Some of the Tsaritsa's minions have been spotted around the city!"

"When do you think they'll be able to find the princess again? The war the Tsaritsa has created is terrible already, and I heard they were going to go against even more nations."

Ignoring most of the random conversation, y/n arrived outside of the small l/n residence, and opened the door with a quiet squeak.

"Father? Mother? I'm home." They called out to the house, not expecting a response.

Y/n walked towards the bedroom door and opened it to check on their parents. Yet, instead of the quiet snores or the radio blabbering, they were met with silence.. and red. Lot's of red.

Y/n stumbled backwards, and fell to the ground. They let go of the pouch in their hands and the bag of herbs went tumbling beside them. Shaky breaths were let out and their pupils dilated rapidly.

"M-mom.. Dad. Please stop playing. I don't like this game, guys.." Y/n tried to speak but was interrupted by sobs.

'I'm.. crying? This is a dream.. right? This isn't real, why am I crying.' They thought to themselves, fumbling to stand on their feet but instead fell over once more.

"GUYS PLEASE WAKE UP-" The poor l/n called out with loud sobs. Their body felt weak, and they could barely stand.

"My my, what a worthless sight." A voice rang in their ears.

They hesitantly moved their head towards the unfamiliar voice, "Did.. you do this?" y/n asked, clenching their fists.

"And what if I did? What are you going to do about it y/n l/n." She said, glaring at the helpless person below her.

Y/n couldn't help but feel enraged, and as they tried throwing a weak punch at her legs, she grabbed them by the collar and held them up so that they were at eye level with her.

"You can get something I want." The strange woman stated, then threw her hand inside their chest creating a bright light.

"LET.. GO OF ME.. YOU BIT-" Y/n was interrupted by being thrown to the ground.

They looked up to see the woman staring at something in her hand, before laughing mercilessly and walking towards the door.

"Signora. Remember that name l/n." Were the last words she spoke before slamming the door behind her and disappearing.

Y/n opened their mouth to call out to her, but was met with only an exhale. They tried speaking again, but only deep breaths were let out of them.

'No.. nono.. what.. what happened.' They thought, as things clouded their brain.

They felt more hot tears flow down their face and they crawled towards their parents, hoping that maybe one of them would get up with a smile and laugh about a prank. Or maybe they'd wake up in their bed, and realize it was all a dream.

They tried speaking, yelling, anything to confirm that they could speak, and even call our for help, but nothing came out.

After what seemed like days, yet was probably a mere few minutes, they could hear the front door slam open, and a crowd of people run in.

"What happened? We heard yelling."

"Y/n l/n! What have you done?"

"You murderer!"

"Y/n.."

"Someone call the knights!"

Y/n turned to look at them all and tried to explain themselves but nothing came out, and the crowd stared at the poor l/n in horror.

They looked back at their parents one last time before snatching the herbs bag and pouch.

'Fuck, why can't I speak. What kind of nightmare is this??' They thought as they tried standing up.

Before they could make another move they were met with Huffman and the Cavalry Captain.

'Oh god I gotta go-' They thought quickly, before trying to push through the crowd but was stopped by a hand on their wrist.

"Oh y/n, why would you do such a cruel thing?" Kaeya spoke quietly, tightening his grip on their wrist.

Y/n stared at him panicking, before they kicked him in the crotch and bolted out the door leaving the poor captain in pain.

'I've gotta get to the gates. The knights are going to be after me and I can't even explain to them what happened.' They thought, as they heard crowds of people yelling, and the knights quickly keeping up with them.

They ran through the gates and stumbled their way on the bridge. The two knights on duty noticed Kaeya and the other knight chasing y/n, so they ran towards the duo to ask what happened.

Y/n took the opportunity and jumped off the bridge and into the water, leaving them with a cold rush through their veins.

They swam towards the supports and crawled under the bridge. Y/n leaned against the rock and threw their hand over their mouth to stop any sob or sound that came out as they heard the knights running over them.

When it finally became silent, they let out a shaky breath and gripped onto their head as tears started pouring out of their eyes once more.

It was a nightmare for sure, and they definitely couldn't get out of it.

After a few minutes, they reluctantly stood up and wiped their face. They really were not happy about this situation. Their mind was foggy, and the world was spinning like they were in some kind of fever dream.

They jumped back into the freezing cold water, and swam to the other side. Once they got there, they shook their body and looked around.

'If I go to Springvale, the knights are sure to find me. Maybe I could start by going to the Windrise tree.'

Shivering, they walked slowly towards the tree. Maybe there, they could find something to help them.

And there, they did.