Morning Walks (Flash/Plastique)

Start from the beginning

"Please, Bette, lay back down, you're tearing your stitches!" A feminine voice came from her side, a brunette with wide doe eyes and a concerned expression looked at her. 

She began to fight the man, trying to get out of bed. She needed to go, to leave before she touched something she shouldn't and explode the whole building she was in. She saw the brunette fill a syringe with sedative and she snarled.

"I am not going back into that fucking box!" She screamed. 

"Hold her down Cisco!" She yelled.

As soon as she heard her, she threw them both off of her and jumped from the bed, stumbling into the hallway. She needed air, but the winding hallways appeared to circle around in an insane maze in the shape of a circle. 

"Bette!" She heard a familiar voice call to her from afar. 

She was in too much pain to care. Her body was in fight or flight mode, and right now she wanted to run. She slumped to the floor, her nausea and the pounding in her head overtook her. A warm and comforting hand settled on her shoulder and Bette looked up into a pair of hazel eyes. 

"Barry?" She murmured unsurely. 

Before she could say more, she felt a needle poke into her arm, and she saw darkness. 

...

Barry gently picked up the unconscious plastique and carried her back to the infirmary.

"Her stitches tore," Caitlin said as she prepared to redo them. 

"For some reason, I thought she'd be a lot weaker now that we suppressed that part of her meta gene where she explodes everything she touches," Cisco wheezed out. 

"Why would you assume that? She can still explode things but now it isn't compulsive," Caitlin told him. 

"Well, she's not supposed to be this strong."

"You're just a little baby, admit she's stronger than you, she's been in the military, not in a lab inhaling cheese whiz."

"Guys, not now!" Barry interrupted. 

Caitlin got her onto her back and pulled on her latex gloves. Barry laid a hand on Cisco's shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, just a bruise."

Barry went to help Caitlin and she held a hand up.

"I can do this, Barry. You have a meeting in the precinct in 2 hours."

"I'll manage," Barry said tiredly.

"Go brew yourself a pot of coffee, you've been up way too long."

"Only if you go home and sleep after this, have Cisco watch over her."

"Don't tell me what to do, Barry."

Barry rolled his eyes playfully before stepping out of the cortex and to the lounge. 

...

Barry sat in a comfortable office chair, watching Bette stir in her sleep. As The Flash, he had to be a strong and firm hero, bound by logic and facts, and by numbers. As Barry Allen however, he cherished those moments when he could let down his guard and just enjoy life for what it was. Just like now, he was free to show sadness over his friend's state of mind and appearance.

They had detected a tumor in Bette's back that had grown malignant and was most likely the source of the explosion in 2014. When Eiling shot her, the bullet burst her tumor and caused a chain reaction that led to her exploding. She must have somehow reset because the tumor was intact, when Caitlin pulled it out it was glowing purple, Barry was worried and zoomed out of the lab with it in hand, he threw it into the air and it exploded with great magnitude. Thank god he trusted his instincts there.