39

:-:-:
“Hear me out”Darien pleaded,rubbing his hands together whilst I turned away from him.

“I really don't want to talk about this”I said putting emphasis on the word 'don't'

“You cannot do this to me Bri.After everything we've been through?”he questioned

“After everything WE have been through?ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?I was the one you would have thrashed only because I looked at another guy.So Don't you dare tell me that we've been through anything”i said and averted my eyes from his.

There was an awkward silence and a cold wind blew over me, making my lips turn slightly purple.I touched my face and it felt like I was freaking dead.
I looked up into Darien’s eyes and all the memories flashed before me.

I loved him,i still did,i always will and that won't change.
But he was overprotective.
I didn't want him hurting me or some other guy just because I looked at him.
At this point, I felt lost.
Jordan wanted to make my life hell, Audrey had to live somewhere,i had to find out what happened to mom and Darien and I were not on good terms.

His face looked so cold, he looked as of he had lost all the feelings he ever had.
I suddenly felt like there was a lump in my throat.
It was pain.
The pain of seeing him like this.

“Hey,Bri.Are we going now?”Audrey shouted.
She looked like a five year old sitting in the back seat as she threw her arms out the car and enjoyed the cold wind.

Audrey hadn't changed a bit.
I looked back to Darien and said,“I have to go”

“Don't leave me”he said coldly and I knew he felt pain when he said that

I stood dead in my tracks but I couldn't turn back.My body and soul  was too tired to argue anymore.But I wanted to jump into his arms and tell him that I forgive him and tell him how much I loved him. I just needed space and although I feared that it would be too late when I would want him back,I still walked to the car and got in.

Darien still stood there with a cold look on his face.
I sent him a text which says ‘we'll talk later’ and watched him look at his phone before he looked at me again.

I told the cab driver to drive and we sped off into the dark.

...

“Are we there yet?”

“No”I responded

“Are we there now?”she asked for the 50th time

“Nope”i said again

It was approximately 30 minutes and 30 seconds since we left.

How would I know you ask?

Because it was the 30 minutes and 30 seconds ago when I sent Darien a text message which he only read.Audrey on the other hand had barely given me the chance to think about Darien as she repeatedly asked if we were there yet.

“I'm hungry”she said whining like a baby

“Just wait a little bit more”I told her

“Noooo.”She said totally overreacting and kicked my car seat from behind

The cab driver gave me a stern look and I knew what he meant.I turned my head back  towards Audrey and whispered,“Audrey,Behave.This isn't your car to be doing this”
It sounded like I was talking to my five year old daughter.
So embarrassing...

The driver gave me a less stern look as I smiled awkwardly and look out at the stars .

I missed Darien.So much.
It hurt to think about the arguments we had but that was just how relationships were like.

“Still hungry”Audrey stated casually as I rolled my eyes because she threw me out of the trance I was in.

I told the cab driver to stop at one of the fast food drive-through and Audrey told her order.She ordered some French fries,3 cheeseburgers and 3 packs of chicken nuggets.
I felt my heart break“sobs quietly as she watches herself go broke thanks to her 3 month pregnant best friend who strangely has appetite for fast food”

I took our orders from the small tiny window and passed it to Audrey who started glowing like the morning star.
After an hour,we finally reached Darien’s house and it looked exactly how I had left it. I mean it WAS the first place I actually went to when I came to New York so it must be destiny.Right?

I took out the luggage from the trunk, paid the cab driver and faced Audrey who was already staring at me.

“What is it?”I asked with a slight tone of annoyance

“What happens to me now?”She asked calmly

“There’s a um a...Um a hotel nearby and I'm going to check you in there”
I started to massage my head due to the headache I was having whilst we started walking to the hotel which was just a few blocks away.
It became a silent walk as we heard nothing but the honks of cars and the cries of babies in the neighbourhood.

We stopped in front of the hotel and the butler came to take our luggage (I must say,he was quite good looking for his height and he had great manly features in the face.He also looked slightly korean)

I saw Audrey's eyes light up as she followed behind him and I checked her in, gave her some money so she doesn't go eating other people's food when she's hungry and we said our goodbyes.

I then walked back to Darien’s house and started packing but after a while I felt thirsty and since there was a small restaurant nearby and I didn't want to take stuff from darien’s fridge since it only reminded me of the good times we had which was only pain now,i ordered some orange juice and sat at a table outside the restaurant whilst enjoying the breeze.

I accidentally dozed off and woke up on Darien’s fucking bed!

I looked around me and saw that all of my clothes were scattered on the floor.I could not be freaking PREGNANT! Of course I wanted to have children someday but for now I wanted to be a lonely kid still going to school who couldn't dance or play any musical instruments because she never stook any classes.

My eyes went wide when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.
It was Darien for sure.
I couldn't look.
You do it.(Squints eyes as she slowly turns to look at the person behind her...)

Hey guys!
How Did you like this chapter?
Can't believe my book is already done so soon😕
It has been amazing and the support all of you gave me has been more than enough.
Shout out to BubblyAngel28 🌼🖤
Please check out her book.🖤
Please share my book and hers as well🌼