6

As the days went by,I realized that Darian was a little nice...
We grew closer than we were before but i didn't exactly give him the title 'friend' yet.

But there was something odd about his sister tho...

She mostly clinged herself to him like they were a couple.

But what could I say?

I was an only child .

Sometimes there are these days when you'd just want to distance yourself from those who you thought were your friends...

And that's what I did.

I strolled through the city with my dad 's notebook in my hand .

When suddenly, someone aggressively took my hand and when I turned around,I saw a tall man with big eyes,brown eyebrows,bushy hair who wore raggy clothes.

He started pulling me around as I stood there helplessly.

"I've been looking for you everywhere"he kept repeating

I tried to loosen his grip and felt my breathing get more and more difficult.

I was freaking out!!!

He took out a knife and tried to stab me with it.

What the hell was he doing??!

I didn't even know him.

As he swung the knife,he aimed the knife exactly at my stomach and I luckily merely dodged it as it cut my arm.

Getting the crowd to earn a satisfying scream from me.

Some people did turn their faces while others took out their phone to video my close death.

I couldn't see anyone calling the police but I heard a few voices which claimed that he or she was already calling them.

Seconds later, a teenage boy from the crowd pinned the tall man to the ground and the police arrived shortly after that.

I was taken to the hospital and luckily,I didn't have anything serious.

As I left the hospital,I saw the guy who'd saved me.

"Thanks for saving my life"I said with a happy smile

"It's nothing.I am happy you're okay."he said but it sounded more ignorant than sincere.

Before I could say anything else,he walked away.

I made my way home and made sure Darian and his parents wouldn't see me.

I tiptoed into the store room where the first aid kit was kept and bandaged my arm.

I was going to enter my room,but I froze upon seeing one of the maids walking in my direction.

"Shoot, I've been caught"I mumbled under my breath

"Ma'am ,Darian is asking for you"she said

"Thank you Nancy.I'll be there in 5 minutes"I said faking a smile

"Actually,my name is Eva"

"Sorry"i said embarrassed and proceeded to enter my room

Now was the time to Think ,think, and think again.

I changed into an oversized hoodie to cover up my bandaged arm and black leggings.

And then,then was when I made my way to the lion's den .