Chapter 16: So Many Countries Pt. 1

3rd Person's POV

Italy tried his best to calm (Name) down, but nothing seemed to work. She just kept sobbing and sobbing.

"Vhy is (Name) crying?" Germany asked as he walked over to the scene. He had instructed Italy to get (Name) out of the car while he settled the other countries down. When he didn't show up, he knew something was wrong.

"(Name), why are crying bella?" Italy questioned the child.

The little girl tried to calm herself down as best as she could. "I, I had a dream," she finally choked out. "Where I saw my big sister.....I just miss her so much."

"Oh (Name)," Italy sighed as he rocked the child back and forth like a baby. "It'll be okay."

(Name) continued to sob into Italy's shoulder. Germany then took (Name) out of Italy's arms and tried to comfort her. "Calm down kind," Germany said. "You don't need to cry."

"But...I miss, my family."

"Ve know. Ve're doing the best ve can to get you home."

(Name) nodded as Germany put her on the ground. She stood still as Germany wiped her tears away with his big thumb.

Just then, Hungary was walking towards the entrance of the building when she saw Germany talking to a teary eyed little girl. She walked up to the little girl and wiped her tears away. She wasn't sure why she had walked up to the child; it was sort-of a Motherly instinct. "Don't cry sweetie," she said in a soothing, Motherly voice.

"Okay," (Name) nodded as she looked up at the green-eyed woman she had never seen before. "Who are you?"

"I am Hungary dear," She replied.

"You're hungry?"

"No, no, my name is Hungary."

"Oh, your name is Hungary. Now I get it."

Hungary then turned to see Germany right behind her, shocked that she had calmed the child down so easily. "How did you calm her down so easily?" He asked as she picked the child up and held her in her arms.

"Well I had a lot of practice with Italy when he was little," Hungary explained. She then handed (Name) over to Germany. "I'll see you later at the meeting." Hungary waved to (Name) who waved back to her with a smile.

(Name)'s POV

Ms. Hungary was really nice. And really pretty. I liked her a lot.

Mr. Germany and Mr. Italy then took me inside to the meeting. There were a lot of people inside that I didn't know. They stopped talking as soon as I came into the room. Mr. Germany placed me in a seat next to Mr. Canada, who smiled at me.

"Hello again (Name)," he greeted in a whispered voice. "How are you eh?"

"I'm good Mr. Canada," I replied with a smile of my own. "How about you?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking."

Soon the other people started chatting again. That's when a mean-looking man started walking over to me and Mr. Canada. He was very muscly and had dreadlocks. He also had a cigarette in his mouth. Mommy has always told me to never smoke.

"What are you doing next to my seat America?" He growled at Mr. Canada.

"B-But Cuba I'm Canada," Mr. Canada stuttered.

I looked Mr. Canada and then at Mr. Cuba. How come Mr. Cuba thinks Mr. Canada looks like Mr. America? I thought. He doesn't look like he can be confused with Mr. America.

"Oh, sorry Canada," Mr. Cuba apologized. "I didn't mean to yell." That's when he noticed me sitting next to Mr. Canada. "Is this the kid everyone was talking about?"

Mr. Canada nodded. "This is (Name)."

I smiled at Mr. Cuba, who patted me on the head. "Nice to meet you." He then pulled out a tub of ice cream from his bag. "You want some ice cream?"

I quickly nodded before he gave me the ice cream. "Thank you," I thanked.

Mr. Cuba had a small smile come to his face as I looked down at the ice cream.

I was about to eat some of it when I was picked up by a man with straight, blonde hair and green eyes. "Hey Lithuania," he called out as he held me in the air. "Is this, like, the little girl you were telling me about?"

Mr. Lithuania soon came out of the crowd of people and over to me. He looked at the man who held me nervously and tried to keep from freaking out by the looks of it. "Poland be careful with her," he insisted.

Mr. Poland looked at me in the eyes before setting me down on top of the table. He was looking at me funny. "Yep, you, like, need a make over," he told me.

I turned my head in confusion as I looked down at myself. "I do?"

"Definitely. You need to paint your nails a wicked hipster pink. I have that nail polish you know."

Mr. Poland wears nail polish? I thought. I didn't know guys wore nail polish.

"Wait right here," Mr. Poland then left with Mr. Lithuania following after him.

Mr. Poland is weird.

I slid off the table and then walked around for a bit until I saw another man with green eyes and blonde hair sitting by himself. He had a gun in his lap. Mommy has also told me to never mess with those things either.

I walked up to him and sat in the seat next to him. "Hi," I greeted.

He glanced down at me and then looked away. "Hello," he simply stated.

"I'm (Name), what's your name?"

"...Switzerland."

"Cool name."

"Thanks."

Mr. Switzerland didn't seem like he wanted to talk that much so I decided to walk around more to meet some other people.

To be continued...