James Potter Is WHAT?

Start from the beginning

"Will we James?" Sirius tried again, nudging him the shoulder. "Merlin is he broken?"

"James what is your problem— motherfucker of merlin!" Aveline gasped as she leaned over to see what James was staring at.

This wasn't just James regular school letter. This letter was from Albus Dumbledore himself. And had a shiny head boy badge, stuck to the bottom.

"JAMES IS HEAD BOY!" She hollered at the top of her lungs, jumping out her seat with a wild grin. "JAMES IS HEAD BOY!"

"Let me see that," Sirius muttered snatching the letter out of James hand, thinking Aveline was just pulling some weird prank.

Though certainly, the letter was addressed to James Potter. Congratulating him on all his achievements and welcoming him as this years Head Boy.

Sirius seemed to have a similar reaction to Aveline, jumping up and letting out an excited holler. They seemed to be more excited then James, who sat there frozen as his parents were now reading the letter. Heads bent together.

"Merlin Dumbledore must really be off his rocker! This is wonderful!" Sirius exclaimed, thinking about all the stuff he could get away with now that James was Head Boy.

Once Euphemia and Fleamont were done reading the letter, both parents seemed genuinely shocked.

"Is Dumbledore sure about this one?" Fleamont asked, earning himself a smack on the arm from Euphemia. "Ow! I'm just saying we've probably received more letters about his detentions then there are owls in the world."

"James honey this is wonderful!" Euphemia said, rushing over to him and peppering his face with kisses. "You must be so proud— we're so proud!"

Though James still just sat there, with an expression on his face as if had just smelt something bad. Then ever so slowly he stood up, pushing his chair away from him.

"If you excuse me all, I need to go count my socks," James muttered with a distance expression, before leaving the room.

The room fell silent, all eyes on his retreating figure as he made his way up the stairs without saying anything.
____________

Two hours had gone by without James coming out his room. Euphemia and Fleamont both going up there to see if he needed anything, only to come back shaking their heads confused. He hadn't even opened the door for them, just telling them through the door he was exhausted and wanted an early night.

Eventually, Aveline stood outside his door, knocking softly only to met with nothing.

"Hey James it's Aveline, could I come in?" she called to him behind the door.

For a moment she thought he wasn't even going to answer, until with a soft click the door flew open. James was lying on his bed, curtains drawn as he stared up at the ceiling. She closed the door behind her, moving to sit in the edge of his bed.

"What is it?" she asked him.

He didn't say anything at first. His jaw clenched as he stared up at he ceiling. Though she could see his mind in deep thought, as if his eyes were in a different place.