Chapter Ten

" I agree," she said with glowering golden eyes. Her face softened as she turned to greet Henry. "Grand Alpha Markstien I presume." her voice was like butter. Soft and demure. "I am and you are this one's alpha?" he pointed towards Talon who was jerking under Mathius's grip. "She turned and hissed at him and he stilled immediately." My apologies. I am Alpha Serephane." she gave him a sultry smile and held out her slender hand to him. Derek took her hand and smiled back at her "Your Beta is not presenting himself appropriately." She laughed heartedly at Henry's statement. "So I hear and I am sorry for the disrespect to you as well Alpha Derek. I will remove him and promise he will have proper punishment." Henry nodded in agreement "Apology accepted Alpha Serephane." Henry turned to look at Mathius who released Talon immediately.

Serephane eyed Mathius in a calculating manner before saying "Since I am here. May I request to see this Violet person my beta and cousin is so enraptured by? the one woman that he has to come and disrespect a potential ally for?" Henry looked to Mathius quickly then back to the female alpha " But of course Alpha Serephane. I humbly request that your cousin remains here or is removed from the building though. He has laid enough offense today and my niece is otherwise delicate currently." Serephane gave a sympathetic look to Henry and nodded. She motioned to her men to escort Talon to the parked car out front.

Once Talon stalked out the front door Henry turned to Mathius "Can you please go up and bring Violet down here to meet Alpha Serephane please." Mathius hesitated for a moment before leaving. Serephane smiled and sauntered over to the nearest chair to sit. "I am sorry for the inconvenience, Alpha Seraphane" Henry spoke softly now. "Oh not at all and please call me Serephane." She smiled widely. Henry nodded and smiled back "You must excuse my son. He is weary of letting anyone close to Violet" She chuckled softly.

Tension filled the air as they waited for Mathius to return with Violet. "Your son, the alpha. He doesn't approve of my cousin does he?" Serephane asked. Henry cleared his throat as he slid the proposal towards her. She lifted the papers and read them sighing regretfully. "I have not seen this he must have gone to the Grand Alpha on a personal accord." She stated. Henry answered "I thought as much. Your cousin doesn't take no for an answer. Violet has had an extremely emotional day today. Not only has your cousin barged into my building barking and demanding that she is his but throws an even bigger issue into the mix as my niece is the potential mate to my son's primal." Serephane hissed "This is why your son is acting in this manner then." Derek confirmed with a nod. "And I do stress potential mate because I have yet to inquire into it. I was detained with subduing Beta Talon." Mates were not to be taken lightly. You can request marriage proposals between the clans. And you can arrange marriages for political gain. But when two people connect on a spiritual level it should never be disputed. It was even worse being a mate to a primal never is that union wrong or disputed ever.

Just then Mathius walked in with Violet. She must have gone against his wishes and had him follow her in because his face showed his disdain. "Uncle Henry, you wished to see me?" Violet said sweetly giving him a small smile. "Violet how are you doing now?" he asked as he got up and came to her. "I-I'm ok I guess." She said cautiously as she noticed the woman sitting in the chair behind Henry. "I'm sorry how rude of me. I'm Violet Everston." She said sidestepping her uncle to address Serephane.

Serephane stood and gave an apologetic smile to Violet "Nonsense Violet, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have heard a lot about you." she said moving to cup a slender hand on Violet's cheek. Serephane looked up at Mathius "And my apologies again to you for my cousin's lack of respect. She is very beautiful." Violet stood quietly as Mathius moved in behind her to rest a reassuring hand on her hip. Violet gasp involuntarily. Serephane giggled "Don't worry primal alpha I am not here to take her from you. I wished to meet her. Tell me about Talon Violet?" she asked carefully. Violet shivered slightly "I met Talon three years ago while in college. I was at a coffee shop with a friend when he came up to our table. I had seen him around the campus but never had a class with him" Violet said. She cleared her throat before she continued to recite her history of Talon stalking her to and from classes, showing up at parties and outings with her friends. And finally to the night about a year ago when he tried to force himself on her. " I thought I had made myself clear but then he showed up here today." Violet ended. She looked back at Mathius and then at Henry before looking down at her hands. "Oh my goodness! that boy." Serephane retorted. She huffed and turned to look at Henry "Rest assured Grand Alpha I will settle this. And this instance will not have any factor in our impending alliance I promise you." Serephane smiled at Violet "Take care dear Violet" She removed her hand from Violet's cheek noticing the band-aid on her neck at the mate's mark and said her goodbyes as Henry walked her to the door. Mathius never left Violet's side for a moment. When Henry was gone with Serephane he turned her around "Are you okay little one?" he asked searching my face and smoothing the hair back over my shoulder. I gulped in the air and licked my lower lip "Yes I am fine now Mathius." He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and rubbed her back. He knew it was too soon for her to call him "Her" alpha again but he was going to hold on to the sound of when she did until she was ready to say it again. He just needed to be patient.