00:45

Clay would usually call it a day by now, he'd get into the covers and settle down, resting his head on the nice and cold pillows. With the news from Death-Cast, Clay was still sat on his bed, not even close to closing his eyes for a few hours. He couldn't. Thinking of the hours that he had before his death - still questionable with what fate had coming for him, Clay didn't want to waste his time on sleep. 

It wasn't really much of a devastation to him, his whole world wasn't alit on fire because he was going to die, all he really felt was disappointment. Why him of all people? Couldn't it have been someone who deserved it? Deserved it. Clay didn't feel like he had the right to decide so, and maybe this was some punishment for something he did. 

Perhaps it was Hannah's revenge, maybe all along she was angry at him and was plotting her chance to get back at him. Maybe this was all his fault. Clay couldn't understand it. Why now? Why almost three years later was Karma hitting him like if it hadn't already with the countless months of grief and trying to get back to normal. Things had reached a point where Clay could have called himself healed from the past, that things were normal. Well, now, with death on his doorstep, those declarations were obliterated. 

Clay pulled up a google tab on his phone, head slumped forwards as he clicked onto the searchbar, fingers moving to the keyboard. He began to type in his search. 

Last Friend app. 

The large icon popped up with the green install button on the side. Clay hesitated for a moment, finger hovering over it. This felt like a stupid idea. Out of al lthe things he could do within the next twenty-four hours, he was going to find a friend, another 'Decker' as people liked to call the group of people who'd be recieving the unwanted phonecall just past midnight on the day they die. 

Perhaps this was indeed stupid but Clay didn't like the idea of spending his last day hidden up in his bedroom despite the lack of strong emotions towards his own loss. Well, he might as well stay up in his room, there was less of a chance that he'd die a brutal death and it's not like he had much to say goodbye to. Sitting up in his room was even a decent option he had in mind, yet his mind wandered around the idea of socializing. Weird, the first time he'd willfully want to talk with people is the day of his death.

Clay opened the app. 

Create Profile. 

Clay clicked on the option as another appeared like a list. 

Username

Clay typed in AKRfan1, staring at it hesitantly. Shaking his head as he sighed, he pressed the backspace, emptying the field. 

ClayJensen1

Clay tapped at the second option. Date of birth. 

 Well, there was nothing in the app's policy about age restriction. It was kind of sad the more Clay thought about it.  Even ten year olds using this app in purpose of finding something to spend their last day alive on.