Eighteen

Maggie

The Car rolled in, Carl, Ron and Negan hopped out of it. Someone had a gun in hand to keep an eye on Negan.
She felt her stomach turn with anger. But it faded when She noticed Carl waving up to her. She rushed down the stairs quietly. herschel was asleep, snug in his crib.
Once Carl was close enough she Wrapped him in a tight hug, Pressing a Friendly kiss to his cheek and grasped onto his Shoulder, As for Ron, She gave him a playful hit to the shoulder

"Seein' you guys are doing alright. How's the kids?" She smiled, Carl let out a Chuckle.
"They're fine. Daryl came back to spend some time with them. Ron wants some kind of honeymoon" he scoffed Playfully, Ron's jaw dropped dramatically.
"Maybe I do, and we will because Daryl is staying a day or two." He chuckled, He grasped onto Carl's hand and Kissed his cheek.
She hadn't minded seeing Ron and Carl show affection to one another, in fact, Maggie was glad to see Carl finally happy with something. Ron helped make things lighter for him.

"Actually Maggie, Can I talk with you?" Ron cought her attention, she nodded as Carl trailed off to greet a few other friends.
"Whats up?" She cracked a smile, Ron stayed silent for a moment reaching into his pocket and held out a box.
A ring box.
She frozen a moment, Seeing what Ron was implying. "You planing on asking him..?" She smiled, taking the ring box with an okay to do so, and looked at the ring. There were two inside. One for Ron the Other For Carl.
"Tonight. Hopefully" He mumbled, He looked at Maggie with a faint tilt to the head.
She chuckled and rested her head back. Ron was asking for help. She didn't blame him, a kid who grew up in such a closed space probably would need someone to hold their hand.
"Star gazing." She snapped her fingers, Ron nodded with a smile and took the box back from Maggie once she handed it over.

"Thank you- I owe you one" He smiled, Having a skip in his run as he ran off to a friend of his, Mickey.
He'd been staying a Hilltop.

Maggie went back inside, Seeing Carl waiting for her on the porch, Michonnes sword out, He was cleaning it like she had used to.
"I keep forgetting she gave that to you" She chuckled, sitting beside Carl.
He chuckled in return.
"I keep thinking she came back" she mumbled, Carl nodded and looked at the blade.

"I keep seeing it." He mumbled, His eye suddenly glossy.
"Its coming back to eat at me." He mumbled, Maggie staued quiet. She Wrapped her arm around Carl and pulled him into a hug.
She didn't know what words to fish out for him.

Them

Carl stood at the gate, looking at Michonne. She had tears in her eyes, her hands cupping his cheeks.
"I'll be back with him. I promise" She whispered. Moving her hands from his face and removed her blade from her back, holding it out to Carl.
She taught him a thing or two about using the blade. He stared at it, shaking his head.
"No you need that with you" he stammered, pushing her hands back carefully, but she shook her head.
"If I go. And I don't come back, I want this to be with you" She whispered, a tear finally slipping from her eye and dropped onto her cheek, sliding its way down and onto the ground. Carl was hesitant but nodded.
She pressed a Kiss to his cheek, Her thumbs lifting to wipe away an incoming Tear. His mom once did the same.
"You look after your siblings for me, okay?" She smiled.
Carl felt yet another thing been ripped from him. He could've chased after her. Say to take him. He could help. But he didn't. Her figure faded moments after, her sword hugged to his chest.
He went home. He stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking down at the blade.
Walking inside, Ron was bouncing Rj on his knee. He was howling out in laughter, Judith was watching and laughing along. Whatever magic Ron did, The two kids went to sleep, Ron and Carl tucking the kids in their bed.

He sat in the kitchen, Ron beside him watching the rain.
"You're not going anywhere, right?" Carl mumbled, Looking over at Ron.
"I'm staying right here, With you." He smiled, Pressing a kiss to his lovers lips.
"And that won't change for a long time" He whispered, Pressing his forehead to Carl's.

He now stood in the lush grass with Judith, she had her own blade, Carl used Michonnes as he taught her how to use it. It took a bit, of time, but it worked.
He'd take Judith over the wall.
There would be a few times they would see Deer, Or any other Wild Animal lingering out in the woods.
Ron was the one to tell Them to stop hopping over the wall or he'd put a leash on Carl to keep him in one place.

Ron

He laid ontop of one of the posts. There was enough room for them to lay down. No one else was outside aside from Mickey in the other post across Hilltop.
Ron was supposed to be on night watch. Maggie got this post for the both of them.
He kept a hand in his pocket, holding onto the little box with Care. He didn't know how to ask. He was busy thinking on how to.
He tuned in, Carl was talking about pudding again. Ron smiled and sat up just slightly.
"We should find out how to make it then" He hummed, Carl chuckled with a nod.
"I'd like that" he Tilted his head, pressing a kiss to Ron as he sat up.

"But uh, a more bit of Serious talk" Ron mumbled, looking into Carl's eye that shined under the moonlight.
"Carl grimes" Ron couldn't hide his smile even if he tried. He missed Calling him 'Grimes' half the time.
"Ron Anderson" Carl said in return, Tilting his head. Ron melted for his Doe eyes.
"Remember when we were talking about the war being over?" He looked at Carl who nodded, Leaning back on the wood, Ron doing the same.
"And I told you that I wanted your last name?" He said In a whisper. Carl's shoulders Slightly relaxed, nodding once more, his puzzled face turning into a one that almost solved it.
Ron pulled the box out of his pocket and opened it.

Carl stared at the rings in shock, his mouth agape. Ron chuckled as Carl stumbled on words.
"Yes- yes- what the fuck, Yes!" He laughed, His cheeks filling with a red color as he jumped onto Ron in a hug. He felt tears in his eyes, Snapping the box closed so the rings didn't slip out, tightly linking his arms around hus lover.
They whispered things to one another like a high school couple. Ron was busy admiring the ring on his lovers hand that fit perfectly.
He leaned close and pressed a kiss to Carl's lips, who returned it with no hesitation.

-

(1,214 words