Nine

Ron
(Days later)

The feeling of Carl growing distant after that Day was obvious. Rick and Michonne even noticed it. Ron but gotten it differently now that they've laid their feelings falt for one another. Boyfriends.
Today was the day Negan was supposed to drop by. Ron has been wondering what the guy looked like.
Carl, let alone anyone else that had been there didn't talk about it.
Carl's only mentioned it once, and Rick given Rin small details on what not to do.

Ron and Carl laid on the roof of the morning. Bright and early to watch the sun rise, the stars still in view.
Ron smiled, his arms crossed behind his head.

"I want to be a star someday, if I die." Ron mumbled, Hearings Carl shift to sit up.

"Why?" Carl asked, looking at Ron. Ron's gaze Shifted to Carl. His long hair being brushed by the wind. And his expression didn't seem to happy about the comment.

"Because it's my way of thinking My mom is there. Sam. Even my dad I guess" He whispered, hus gaze flicking to the stars, seeing Carl shake his head from the corner of his eye.

"Dont." Carl said. The only thing he said before leaning over, having Ron look at him. "Dont.. think about death." He whispered.
Ron sat up, Carl moving Back once their faces got close enough.

"Are you scared of  scared of me dying?" He teased, but Carl's eye narrowed.

"After-- Glenn. I can't-" He mumbled. Ron heard the crack in his voice as he looked off.
Fuck.
Ron sighed, grasping at Carl's hand.

"I'm not going anywhere." He mumbled, tilting his head. "I promise." He smiled, wrapping his arm around Carl and hugged him. It was gentle.

The two laid back down. He could feel how embarrassed Carl gotten over something sappy like that.
Ron paused, looking at Carl.

"What was your mom like?" He mumbled. Ron took the time to ask, now that they were Boyfriends, Carl said he could ask anything.

Carl stayed silent, turning on his side to face Ron.
"She was a gentle person." He started, his eye narrowing. "Her voice was too. But I forgotten what it sounded like" He nodded to himself, a smile pulling at his lips.
"She used to give me haircuts, the last hair cut I've ever gotten was.." he paused, swallowing air stuck in his throat. "Was when the world went to shit." He chuckled.

Ron's eyes narrowed. Maybe that's why his hair was so long. He felt a little.. guilty that he brought up Carl's mom.
But he wanted to know.
Ron reached his hand forward and pressed it to Carl's Cheek.
"Ron I,." He searched for words. "I can't lose you too." He said firmly, Carl's hand reaching up to grasp onto Ron's.