Ten

Carl

He stood at the gate and watched the group leave, his arms crossed over his chest and Ron loomed over Carl.
He knew Negan saw something between him and Ron, to why he exchanged the look back when Carl held one of the guys at gun point.
He let out a huff, turning heel and Started walking off back to their house, Ron quick on his tail.

"Carl-" Ron called, Carl simply ignored him till he grasped a hold on Carl's wrist.

"What?" Carl sighed, stopping and looked over at Ron. He looked a little unhappy.
"What were you thinking." He mumbled, Carl's head shifted backwards in a Gawk when he looked at Ron.

"What do you mean? He was taking our shit" He chuckled out of frustration.

"No- I mean- You looked like a killer, Carl." The words were like a stab to the side. "You looked like Rick. I don't want you to become some killer over things we can get back." Ron mumbled.

Carl bit the inside of his cheek. He could understand his boyfriends concerns. But Carl couldn't help it. Maybe he could. Maybe he let anger fuel his body too much, maybe he relied on a gun.

"I'm here to help you." Ron broke Carl from his thoughts and stepped closer.
"You're not., Doing this by yourself." He said, Carls gaze looking up twords him.

It's All Carl ever felt.
Alone.
He had his dad. He had Michonne, Judith, his friends.. Ron.
But Carl felt alone.
He got his childhood yanked out from under his feet, He lost his mom. His dad went bat shit nuts after losing her.
He couldn't trust Ron's words. He wanted to, His hands told him to as they lifted to cup his lovers face.

"I am." He spoke, Ron's shoulders dropped Slightly. Ron's lip rolled between his lip before leaning down to Carl's height and pressed a kiss to his lips.
Everyone was too busy to notice that Carl and Ron were close.
They were either planning What to do next or seeing what they had left.

The two parted as Rick briefly shouted twords Carl.

"Carl! I'm goin' out with Michonne for supplies." He nodded to Carl, who nodded in return, Michonne lifting a hand to him as a wave and Carl nodded his head once again.
Ron watched Closely, his hand loosely over Carl's waist, a hidden spot that Rick didn't seem to notice nor care where Ron had his hands.

. . .

Carl dropped onto his knees, yanking his kinfe from the hem of his pants and put it to the floor board.
He felt Ron's eyes stare blades into the back of his head. Or somewhere else.
Carl sighed, looking over his shoulder to glare at Ron.
He caught the look, his gaze snapping to the floor acting like he weren't just checking him out.