Thirteen

Carl

The days flew by, Ron had Left for Hilltop, he'd been requested there ever since Daryl made his escape from Negan.
His dad gotten into some trouble with people who lived in a dump. Hidden from walkers.
His dad told Carl to stay put behind the walls, Stay safe and don't get into trouble.
And yet here he was, ways away from home, pushing some boxes into the back of a car. He was gathering supplies, Running low on quite a but.
He'd noticed the lack of food In the pantry, It's been like that for Days. The only reason he didn't eat the food Negan made him that day, Was because it was unfair.
If everyone else didn't get a meal, Neither did he.
He sighed, flopping into the car seat, The door left open to pump cold air throughout the car. Today was hot, Carl mightve even gotten sunburn on his cheeks.

He gotten up, Making sure to take one last scan around to make sure nothing was left behind.
He plopped himself back into the driver's Seat and pressed his foot onto the peddle, the car starting to move.
Carl bit his lower lip, His first time driving was when the world gone to shit.

He kept the window rolled down. The cold breeze slipping through his hair felt nice.
He kept his eyes glued on the road, Going the speed the signs shown, carefully slow turns when he needed to take them.
It wasn't long till he arrived back, Tara opening the gate for him.

Him and Tara were on good terms, Good friends. Carl pulled in, Breaking suddenly which Caused Tara to Howl out in laughter.
"Welcome back. Thought you were cooped up in here" She joked, Leaning on the car as Carl stepped out.

"Ehh-" he thought a moment. "I got some food" He changed the subject, Tara's eyes lit up as she peaked in the back and noticed the boxes filled with food.
"Holy shit where did you get this??" She chuckled, A few others coming over and took the boxes out of the back seats, Taking them to the pantry.

"Came across it a bit ago" he chuckled, Tara smiled as Carl leaned beside her against the car, his arms crossed over his chest. Tara chuckled, Crossing her arms as well and watched the Small group of people wash away.

"Glad that you did. We were running a bit short" She brought up, Carl nodded and adjusted his hat upon his head, Tara being herself, She tugged at one side of it Playfully, messing up his hair and where he placed his hat.
He sighed, a chuckle following behind it.

"I gotta run back out anyhow. I seen something I wanna grab for Ron." He hummed, Tara smirked as Carl brought it up.

. . .

He was beyond the wall once more, humming a tune to himself. He held a necklace In his hands. He gotten lucky and Found matching ones with the letter 'C' and 'R'.
He looked up, his gaze caught by something stumbling out of the bushes from a far.
A walker.
Carl paused a moment, His eye narrowing as he waited for the walker to leave so Carl didn't have to waist anything over it.