15

9 years ago

"Y/n, sweetheart, we can't afford your college anymore, it's very expensive for us." Her mother said sad that her daughter will have to quit her dream.
"Don't we have money for another year?" it was the same response Y/n gave for some days now, as this wasn't the first time her mother told her this.
"I wish we had but slowly lose money. You are still young, you are only 20, can't you find a less expensive college? You know i want you to succeed your dream i really want but I'm not able to help you." her mother continued trying to change her mind.
"I'll find a job." Y/n said and quickly took her purse and went outside.

She knew that no job would be able to help her pay the taxes but in the end she still needed one to financially support herself and her mother. She also didn't want to face the reality in that moment, reason why she left saying she would look for a job. It was past 9 pm and not a lot of store were opened but even if they were she still didn't want to go and ask if they wanna hire her. Instead, she go to a nearby park. In the night it quiet there and not even teenagers would come here as such an hour because in the end the park was exposed to the main road and a lot of teens didn't actually liked that.
Before she sat down on a bench, it's was beautiful, it was mesmerising. She thought the park looked better in night time. As soon as she sat down on the bench all her feelings exploded inside her. She understood her mothers point of view, her moms medication wasn't cheap as she also had a illness, and paying for both them and trying to live all from a shity salary her mother had was to much. At the same time however she just wanted to continue somehow, it was hard and she probably won't succeed but she wanted to continue.
A lot of people say that the eyes are the window to the soul, and maybe for the first time in her life her eyes showed her soul and broken heart by crying. She always saw crying as beginning or a an ending, that thought you had might leave you forever after you cry or it will might haunt you forever.
She notice a male between her tears getting closer to her but she didn't payed much attention to him as she though he was only passing by.

"Tissue?" the male asked when he got closer to her and gave her a tissue.
"Oh, thank you." she somehow managed to smile and took the males tissue.
"What's wrong?" he asked when she was done wiping her tears, leaving her confused. "We will probably never meet again, isn't it better if you talk to someone? I understand if you don't want to." he simply said sitting next to her.
"Well, its just my mom, we don't have enough money to pay for her medication and my college with her salary and even if i get a job there will still be not enough money." she explain to the stranger.

Why she talked to him? Who know why, maybe she needed to let her problem out to someone that she won't see again. And it was somehow calming.

"What college?" he curiously asked.
"Medical college. I wanted to became a forensic doctor, you know." she said with a sad smile on her face.
"Wanted?"
"Yes, i think it's better to drop out of college and help my mom around." she explained.
"But don't you like the idea of being a doctor?" he asked.
"I do, I really do."
"I know at the beginning of our conversation i said that we would remain strangers but i think i might be able to help you if you help me as well." the male said and noticed how the girls eyes lighten up.
"What is it about?" she excitedly asked.
"I recently made this organization, Bonten, we would really need a doctor between us and a forensic doctor might be even better." he said explained.
"What is the organization about?" she asked curiously.
"We kill people." he calmly said leaving the girl shocked.

Do I really want to this?

"If you work for me as our doctor, I'll pay for your college and everything that you need for it, such as books, clothes, whatever you need and also, if you need, for your mothers medication until you have your own money. In exchange, you will work for me. What do you say?" he said looking at the girls face waiting for an answer.
"Can I request something?" she asked and the male only nodded. "Can my identity be unknown to the rest of the members?" she asked.
"If that's what you want, sure, I don't mind it at all." he wanted to asked her why but he will asked her on the next time they see each other. "So, are you in?" he wanted to confirm.
"Yes, I am, mr. ....?" she said curious about his name.
"Manjirou Sano but i prefer Mikey and drop the formalities." he said happily that she accepted his offer.
"Okay then Mikey. I'm Y/n L/n. It's gonna be a pleasure to work with you."  she said smiling.
"It will be a pleasure to work with you as well, Y/n." he simply said.