10

"Y/n! What's my favorite doctor doing?" Ran yelled as soon as he noticed the girl leaving the clinic, leaving the girl with an annoyed yet worried face, making her walk faster towards him and his car.
"As much as i would love to not see you again, i don't want the cops to catch you with me." she said as she was closer to him.
"Oh, come on, what's wrong with picking my partner from work from time to time?" Ran asked innocently.
"Let me think." Y/n said covered her annoyed face before showing it once again. "Ah, yes, exactly, Ran Haitani, one of the most wanted criminals of Japan, comes to pick up a random doctor and out of nowhere calls them 'partner' for some reason." she smiled at the male.
"You forgot to mention that this wanted criminal," he pointed at himself "pretend to be your boyfriend and it's also your personal uber." he said smiling proudly at her.
"Let's just get out of here."

[...]

"Come on, Y/n!" Ran begged again.
"Haitani, i already told you, no."
"How am i supposed to work with you if i know nothing about you." Ran said which to Y/n sounded like a kid crying.
"First of all, at your money it would be actually easy for you to find things about me. Second of all, why do you want to know something about me? It's useless." she said putting no emotion in her words, at the end she had to follow Mikey words even if it would mean to hurt Ran for the moment.

Believe me, girl, i looked you up everywhere, i don't even remember how much money i lost. You are nowhere to be found.

"I thought you wanted to do it the old-fashioned way. Wouldn't it be boring to just show up at your door knowing all your life while you don't know anything about me?" Ran said ignoring the affirmation of searching info about her everywhere.

Oh, Ran, i know a lot of things about you.

"It's a fair point, whatsoever, i don't want to share any kind of information about me with you. It's useless and believe me, it's not going to last. You will probably end up hating me." she said avoid eye contact since she wouldn't want to his the confused and demaged look in his eyes.
"What do you mean, Y/n?" he stopped at the red light.
"You'll find out sooner or later." she responded continuing to avoid eye contact, leaving the situation tensed as none of them said another word.
"Say, Y/n," Ran broke the silence. "why are you so sure i would hate you?" he asked curious, leaving Y/n confused as she didn't expect the question.
"I really don't know. I just feel like you will. I, myself, I would be upset and i am upset for my actions." she said and felt how the car stopped in the middle of the road and quickly looked at Ran confused.
"What is this about, Y/n?" his voice changed, he was way more serious now. "If it bothers you that much, why won't you say it to me directly? You are like those people that keep giving you hints of what gift they bought you until you actually opened it." Ran looked at her.
"Just drive and forget about it." she turned away and looked at back at the road until she felt Ran's slender finger on her jaw as he gently pulled her back so he could look at her face.
"Whatever you did, that you think is so wrong, i bet is not as wrong as the things I've been doing my entire life and i can guarantee you this one." his words left her speechless. "Even if it's wrong it can't be that wrong."

And i can't stay mad at you even if i want to.

"So, tell me, Y/n, what is this all about?" he asked her.
"About you always having to stop in the middle of the road." she said making both of them laugh loud as they realized Ran's habit.
"I swear, I'm not doing it on purpose." he started the car and drive away from the place they been at. "Never realized i do it so often."
"Ran, when it's your next mission?" she suddenly asked.
"I think next week. Why? Do you want to spend time with me?" he smirked.
"No, not really." she said as she noticed how close they were to arriving at her house. "Until your mission, i want you to completely ignore me unless you are about to die. I want to take a look into my life. However, when you finish your mission come straight to me, you know where you'll find me. I'll try my best to explain everything to you, okay?" she softly smiled at him, leaving the tall man looking confused at her but in the end nodding in agreement. "Thank you, Ran." she said as she hugged him which took the Ran unprepared but he quickly hugged her back as he was craving for her touch for such long time.

Until next week.

Until next week.