27

January 15, 2023

𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋

"Girl when did you get so big?" Savannah asked as she helped me move my patio furniture

"Last night.." I laugh softly.

"Your belly was not poking like that when I talked to you yesterday!" She said smiling.

I looked my friend and shake my head.

It's been a long month since Keith and I took our final vacation as a married couple/family. I told Lyric everything, she was very upset and we both thought it would be best for her to stay with her dad. Just until she calms downs. I told her whenever she's ready to come stay with me she can. Her and the baby.

Speaking of the baby, Bronny is doing a lot better. He's handling this baby situation way better than both Keith or Michael. I told Michael everything and he was excited. He says he's gonna come around and be apart of the babies life. I told him don't be inconsistent. If he's gonna be a father he needs to do it one hundred percent. I'm happy whether he decides to come around or not.

"So, you like your new place?" Savannah asked me.

I nodded, "I love it. The kids love it too." I say pointing to the backyard where Amani and Landon were playing.

"Do they know what's going on?" Savannah asked referring to the separation.

It is way harder to divorce when your kids are smart and know everything. The average five year old doesn't know anything about a divorce but not my Landon. He knows something is off between his parents. He can feel it. Last night he slept in the bed with me and kept bringing up his father. I assumed he thought talking about his dad would make him appear and fall from the night sky like a star.

"You know sometimes I miss him." I confess to my best friend.

She sighed, "I know but you even told me that-"

"This is the happiest and stress free I've ever been.."

"Yeah!" Savannah cheered me on. "You guys are toxic." She chuckles.

"He's my husband. To death do us part." I recite my wedding vows and close my eyes shut.

Savannah started chuckling making me sit up quickly.

"What?" I ask her.

"Girl let that man go." Savannah said making me roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry that I still love him and can't control how I feel. I am trying to remember that he doesn't want to be married to me anymore-"

"Because of a mistake he made.. This whole situation wouldn't even be happening if he didn't cheat." Savannah suggests. "You would've never cheated if he didn't cheat." She said.