25

𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋

I looked at my phone as it vibrated with another text message. It was from Keither. Actually it was the twentieth text message he's sent me in a half hour. I couldn't tell him where I really was. He doesn't even know I'm pregnant. To be honest, I didn't want to come to the hospital to get a paternity test done without him. I had to swab his mouth while he was asleep. I felt so guilty afterwards. 

knock. knock. knock. 

"Crystal..." I hear a calm recognisable voice. 

It was my OBGYN, Stacey Fulks. 

"So we're back again." She said smiling. "How are you?" she asked sitting down. 

"Nervous." I said. 

"As if this is your first rodeo." Dr. Fulks joked. 

I nod slowly, "Yeah I took a clearblue test and it said I was 2-3 months." I tell my doctor. 

"Okay well I can confirm that with you. Let me get my things and we can do an ultrasound. Does husband know?" She asked me. 

"Um no.. it's complicated." I say. "As a matter of fact I need a paternity test, but I need one sample of DNA right?" I ask him. 

"Yeah one is fine." She said nodding. 

"Because if this comes out Positive, I won't even need an ultrasound, we'll be all good." I tell my OBGYN. 

She looked at me and nodded. I could tell started picking up what I was putting down. 

"Yeah yeah, I got you." She said. "Can I have the sample of DNA?" She asked me. 

I nod and go into my purse. I hand Dr. Fulks the small sandwich bag that had a q-tip with my husbands DNA on it. 

"Here you go." I said handing it to her. 

"Thank you. I'll send this to the lab right now." 

"Can you possibly-" 

"Rush the results? I got you girl." She said before walking out the hospital room. 

I tossed my head back and took a deep breath. 

-

-

-

When I got home, the girl's were already home. Thanks to Mya, our new baby sitter. It took us a minute to agree on one but I knew she was the perfect fit. I didn't want to seem like an insecure wife but I had to find someone who my man wouldn't smash. Mentally, I wrote a list of all his types and found a babysitter that wasn't that. A young ass white girl, was the best pick. Keith may have slept with a lot women, but they've never been white. Actually he told me that when he was younger his mom said she would never forgive him if he even looked at a white girl. He's kept his word. 

"Hey mom." Lyric said walking into the living room. "You going to work today?" She asked. 

"No I'm off until tomorrow." I tell her. 

She nodded her head. "Hey do you think you can help me plan the baby shower?" she asked sitting down. 

I look up at her and smile, "yes, of course." I say nodding. "But what about Bronny?" I ask curiously. 

"I know I should ask him for his help but mom, if I'm being honest... I don't think he's ready." Lyric said looking at her hands. "I think I made a huge fucking mistake." She said. 

"Sorry." She quickly apologized for her language. 

"Look I know you're scared and he's probably definitely scared." I say shaking my head.