20

𝐊 𝐄 𝐈 𝐓 𝐇

I walked into the house and saw a bunch of boxes sitting in the foyer

I walked into the house and saw a bunch of boxes sitting in the foyer. There's was no explanation needed, I already knew it was my stuff. Crystal is very serious about this separation and I'm okay with that. Whatever will give her time and space to heal, I am willing to do. So I just decided I'm gonna stay at another house Crystal and I have here in Atlanta. Not too far away from Crystal and the kids, but just far enough so that we can have real space. I don't wanna be one of those weird ex husbands that move up the street from my wife after we get a divorce.

"Crystal!" I called out.

"What?" I hear from the kitchen.

I walk in the kitchen to see Crystal sitting at the kitchen island. She was on her laptop, drinking a Starbucks coffee.

"You packed my stuff?" I ask her.

Crystal looked up at me, "Some of it." She mumbled. "I figured you'd get the rest and be out by this weekend." She said staring me in the eyes.

"You giving me a move out date?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Uh yeah.. I don't see why you can't have all your stuff out by this weekend. You got the lake house right?" She asked me.

I chuckled, "Yeah I do." I say in disbelief. "Can we talk a little bit?" I ask Crystal.

"I'm trying to do some work." She said shaking her head.

"I don't really give a fuck. I want to talk to my wife-"

"Well you better find her." Crystal chuckled. "I just said I am working." She repeated.

I sit down next to Crystal and grab her MacBook. She looked at me and blinked slowly. I closed the laptop and slid it to the end of the end of the island.

"Now can I get your attention?" I ask her.

"What do you want to talk about it? It's over Keith." She said. "I don't wanna be with you anymore!" She told me raising her voice and clapping her hands.

I ran my hands down my face feeling frustration. My anger already got the best of me last night, so I am trying not to let her smart remarks get to me. But Crystal just has a way of pushing my buttons.

"Why are you so eager to divorce me now? You could've did it when the shit first happened." I shrug my shoulders. "Must be that nigga that was sucking on your neck." I said pointing to dark red hickies on her skin.

"Is it Michael?" I ask scooting closer to her.

"Are you for real right now? No, it's not Michael since you wanna know so bad." She said playing in her curly hair.

I sat back and I could literally feel my chest start hurting. It doesn't feel to hear my wife was with another man. I don't care what I did in the past, I never thought Crystal would be the one to play the tit for tat game.