14

𝐊 𝐄 𝐈 𝐓 𝐇

"Baby are you gonna get out of bed?" I ask Crystal as I finished getting dressed for the day

"For what?" She asked with an attitude. "I'm not celebrating my birthday." She said before hiding under the cover.

This has been her attitude for the last few days. I mean she's having a rough week and ever since her shop got broken into she's been depressed. She thinks Eva did it, me personally, I don't think Eva is THAT crazy. But, what do I know? Eva has bipolar disorder I'm convinced. I asked Crystal did she want me to get involved and figure out who did it but she said she doesn't want to risk me going to jail. Trust me, I will go to jail over my wife.

"All your friends are gonna be waiting for you at the brunch you planned, and you're not going to show up?" I ask crossing my arms.

Crystal's head popped up from under the covers, she stared at the wall before speaking, "Oh I did plan that didn't I?" She asked.

"Yeah you did." I reminded her.

"I don't care. Tell them I decided not to come." She said shaking her head.

"Look I know you're upset about what's going on right now but seeing your friends will make you feel better. Savannah, Khadeen, Kelly, Sebastian..." I said rolling my eyes thinking about her employee.

"I can see those people later." She said softly.

After getting fed, I just walked cover off of her body.

"Get ya ass and go shower." I demanded. "I'll be downstairs whenever you're ready." I said throwing a pillow at her.

I walked out the bedroom and closed the door behind me. Just as I was leaving Lyric was walking out her room too. I haven't heard much from her these past few days either. She's probably still thinking about her mom and having to see me fuck her up.

"Hey baby girl." I said catching her attention.

"Hi." Lyric said softly. "Are you guys still going to brunch?" She asked.

"I don't know what she's doing, but I'm going to get me a Mimosa." I said making Lyric laugh.

It's been awhile since I've made her laugh. So that made me feel warm on the inside.

"You know my mom didn't break into the shop right?" Lyric said blinking slowly. "As much as I dislike her right now, I don't think she'd do that." Lyric moved closer to me and started to whisper.

"She wouldn't do that." She said shaking head.

"You think so?" I ask crossing my arms.

Lyric nodded, "Yeah." She told me for reassurance. "It might've just been someone looking for some money." She said shrugging. "A lot of young kids pass that place when they're walking from the campus or to school." She informed me.