15

𝐊 𝐄 𝐈 𝐓 𝐇

I tapped my finger on the arm of the chair I was waiting in

I tapped my finger on the arm of the chair I was waiting in. Crystal's been getting tests ran on her for the past almost hour, nobody has told me anything. My anxiety is flaring up because I've never seen my wife this sick before. I mean she literally getting pale and green in the face. Mia offered to go sit with the kids until we get home which I really appreciate because Lyric does not want to babysit all day.

"Here you go.." I hear somebody say making me look up.

It was Sebastian, holding out a water bottle for me to take. I slowly grabbed it before nodding.

"Thanks." I said.

Sebastian sat down next to me and I sighed.

"Look if you're here to tell how much of a bad husband I am, I already know that and I don't want to hear it again." I warn Sebastian.

"Stop talking." He's said putting his hand up. "Actually I didn't know you really cared about her, but the way you got worried and rushed her here, shows me that you do love her." Sebastian said.

I smile softly, "Yeah I do." I tell him. "You know you're not as bad as I thought." I said.

"You aren't either." Sebastian said nodding his head.

Silence fell in between us making it awkward. Usually, Sebastian and I can't sit in the room together without insulting one another at least once. So this is nice.

"Can we go back to hating each other?" Sebastian asked me.

I nod happily, "Yeah we can go back to normal. Get away from me." I tell Sebastian.

"Fuck you." He said walking away.

As he walked away my phone started ringing, it was Crystal's mom. I immediately picked up the phone.

"Hey mama." I said softly.

"How is she?" Crystal's mom asked frantically.

I sigh deeply, "They're still running tests but they won't let me see her yet." I tell her.

"Okay well Call me when you hear something." She said.

"Alright I will, bye." I said.

She didn't say anything, she just hung up in my face. I know that Crystal tells her mom just about everything that goes on in our marriage. Crystal probably told her mom about Jade and the baby. I don't like that Crystal talks to her parents about us, but she can't help it, she's total mama's girl.

"Mr. Rowland." Crystal's Doctor, Dr. Frank came walking up to me.

"Hey is she alright?" I ask her.

"Crystal is fine, we finished her test. Nurse Tanner is in her with the results, you can go see her now." She said softly.