Zero: Exploring Fuyuki City

It is morning in the penthouse as I walk out of the bathroom in my pajamas. Last night, I had a conversation with Khonshu on the importance of utilizing my arsenal to its fullest potential and suggested that I put the [Skill Cards] to good use.

"He doesn't have to sound like a condescending dick though." I mumbled as I made my way towards the main area. I walk up to the table and take a seat next to Illya. "Good morning, onee-chan."

"Good morning, Theo." Illya smiles.

I turn to Fillia. "Good morning, Filla."

Fillia yawns. "Morning."

Good Morning, Leysritt."

"...morning." Leysritt said.

"Good morning, Mashu."

"Good morning, Theo-san." Mashu smiles.

A plate of eggs and bacon is laid down in front of me. "And last but not least, good morning Sella."

"..." Sella doesn't respond as she lays down Illya's breakfast.

I notice Sella's odd behavior. "Is something wrong, Sella?"

"..."

"Sella, Theo is asking you a question." Illya said.

"... nothing is wrong." Sella said.

Fillia drinks her tea. "You shouldn't lie to our lady, Sella."

Sella narrows her eyes at her sister. "I am not lying."

"Sella is an awful liar." Leysritt remarks as she eats the bacon.

"Quiet, Leysritt. And don't eat that with your bare hands!" Sella yelled.

My eyes furrow at the sour atmosphere that permeates the table. Did my blackmail affect her this much? I wasn't even serious about it. I just wanted her off our back.

Without a second thought, I get off my chair and walk up to Sella which confuses the homunculus.

"Is there something wrong with your breakfast?" She asked robotically only to get tackled into a hug by the young boy. "Eh!?"

"I'm sorry, Sella, I didn't mean to threaten you." Sella's eyes widened. "We just wanted to see what the outside world was like. We didn't mean to scare you all like that so please don't be mad at us."

Sella's at a loss for words. "Theo-sama... I am not angry at you. I understand why you did it, and I don't blame you. If there is anyone to blame, it's me." She takes a deep breath. "I was created to protect you and Lady Illyasviel, but I failed." Her body starts to tremble. "When we found you in the streets, I almost had a heart attack. How could I look your parents in the eyes when I made such a blunder?" She then sighs. "You have every right to show them those pictures Theo-sama, I won't stop you." She then smiles. "Hopefully, our replacements can do a better job at protecting you both."

Fillia glances away with a huff while Leyzritt stares at me

"No! I don't want anyone else!" My grip on her waist becomes tighter. "You are my maids! There will be no one that can replace you!"

"Theo-sama..." Sella whispers.

"I won't show them the pictures. So please... promise me you won't go." Sella can hear the sobbing coming from the young man.

The homunculi didn't know how to respond to his words, or the tears. It is only natural for homunculi to be disposed of should they not fulfill their purpose. It's an accepted fact in this world. And yet this boy would shed tears for them...