Zero: Awakening under the Moonlight

I was running.

Running, and running, and running.

How long have I been running? Where am I running to? And more importantly...

What am I running from?

"Ah!" I trip and fall on my face. Exhaustion finally catches up to me, making me unable to get up.

...eo...

Dark hands crawl from the floor and make their way towards me. I saw something at the bottom of the darkness and even though it was only there for a moment, it was enough to make me scream from the top of my lungs.

...theo...!

I tried to resist them but they still latch onto me like parasites. They slowly pulled me down and as hard as I tried to stop them it was fruitless.

My vision begins to fade as I sink into the abyss.

THEO!

----

Illya shakes my body. "Theo, wake up!"

I slowly open my eyes. "Wha...?"

"You were having a terrible nightmare. You were twisting and turning so much that I was getting worried." Illya said.

I look around and see a lavish-looking interior with a minibar and a couple of chairs. The low sound of engines can be heard in the background. 'Oh right. We're on a private jet.'

The night before we left, Jubstacheit and his guards bust into our room and take Illya away while I was thrown in the dungeon.

It wasn't until the next day that Kiritsugu and Irisviel found out about it, and all of hell broke loose.

Irisviel and Mashu found me in the dungeon and easily broke me out. There were no guards, which shows how very little that golem though of me. They got me out of that place and soon ran into Kiritsugu and Artoria carrying a bloody Illya in his arms... and his face splattered in blood.

We quickly grabbed our things, but that was when Jubstacheit caught us off guard with a surprise visit. He inform us in his usual cold manner that the safehouse for Illya is ready and her attendants are waiting for her there.

Kiritsugu, obviously not having any shit, points his knife at the old man's throat. He demands why he kidnapped Illya and Jubstacheit explains that circumstances have forced his hand and then justifies it by saying that Illya is their ultimate trump card to win the Holy Grail and that he is only doing this because that is her purpose. Kiritsugu snarls but lets the old man go as we proceed to leave, but not before warning Kiritsugu not to overstep his boundaries again or else he will be disposed of.

Overall, that was ONE way to start the day.

"I'm sorry, sis." I said meekly.

"Onee-chan."

"Bwu?"

"It means "big sister" in Japanese. Since we're going to Japan, you have to call me Onee-chan from now on." Illya states.

"Got it... Onee-chan." I said meekly.

Illya giggles, liking the sound of the title.

'Well I certainly made her day.' I thought, exasperated.

"We are about to land, you two. You better put your seatbelts on." Kiritsugu's voice brings us out of our musing.

We do as we're told and put our seatbelts on. I stare as Illya jumps up and down with visible excitement before I turn my attention to the window. From the window, I can see the outline of the city slowly getting larger as we get close to landing.