Chapter 11

The early morning dew was cooling on his flesh as he rushed his way through the mountain back to his cabin. Something in him was urging him to go now and he had never in his twenty-six years of living, ignored that feeling. He was deep in thought when he came up on the clearing of his cabin and something felt off to him. The first indicator was the lack of sound coming from the morning critters, something that was unusual. The animals of this area were so used to his presence, which is usually non-threatening that they tend to go on about their business and ignored him, which was great for him because they prove to be the best alarm system. Now there was someone who they didn't accept in their space. The second thing was that he didn't feel the usual chilliness running down his spine from the person who watched him and his cabin from the time he brought home Aurora. The weird thing was he knew it wasn't the alpha or any of his trainees because the aura was off. No, the person who was watching him had an aura of sneakiness with a touch of insanity. He ran the rest of the way to the cabin in silence and sprinted to the roof. He waited, throwing out feelers to find the intruder's location. The slightest sob of no reached his ears and his wolf reacted instantly, it was followed by a loud slap that came from Aurora's room. He swung himself up and over the roof through the bedroom window in one smooth quick swoop.

"What the FUCK do you think you are doing to my mate?" Cypher asked so softly that a shuttering wave of terror swept through Joe.

"Ma...mate? I... I thought she...she was your whore!" Joe replied gripped with fear.

"I'm your mate?" Aurora asked, shocked by the new information. She stared at him for the longest until he started to have two heads.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL HER A WHORE!" Cypher boomed and before Joe knew it, he was slapped with a heavy claw palm, up against the wall.

His feeble hands that were gripped to Aurora's hair, released her with ease. He clutched his cheeks with terror in his eyes as Cypher wrapped his claw hand around his throat intending to kill him on the spot. He had really fucked the pooch this time and now he was going to die like the weakling he was without even accomplishing one thing that he had on his life goals.

"WAIT wait" Joe managed to screech out. "I can help you!"

Through the haze of murderous thoughts, Cypher heard what Joe pleaded and took a pause. What the hell does he mean by that? He thought as his claws loosened a bit, just enough for him to talk with ease.

"I can tell you everything that's happening in this pack." Joe got out in between his fits of cough.

"Everything like what?" Aurora asked, finally getting over her initial shock, and gingerly got to her feet.

"I know he isn't some rogue that just happens to waltz onto this pack's lands, the council must have sent you. The cover is good enough for an idiot, the leaders of this pack are just that! The cover was too convenient that someone like me, who is smart, could see past it. The alpha is slow at best, you see. Your timing is too close, especially after their side activities of kidnapping and killing half-breed she-wolves for the past couple of months." he ran on, at this point, he was ready to confess and throw anyone under the bus if it saved his ass.

Aurora made her way to Cypher's side, interested in what Joe was saying. She knew that the alpha was an asshole with a touch of a sadistic personality, but she didn't actually think that he would go so low as to allow his men to do this. Then again, he was no better than her father, so she had no right to judge him.

Cypher fought to keep his wolf under check which was unusual behavior for their unique dynamic. His wolf was mild tempered at best with at least eighty-five percent of its personality being a goofy asshole prankster but when he saw that a male was daring to harm his mate, that fifteen percent of territorial beastly brutal trait became one hundred percent. The only reason he didn't use his claws to rip out that weasel's throat was that Aurora had placed her palm against his back which had a calming effect on his beast. At least enough to hear him out but he was still going to kill him, just not right now.

"How do you know all of this?" Cypher asked after a moment of calming himself down.

"Because for the most part, everyone ignores me and most times I'm left to clean their clothing that still has the victims' blood and guts on it."

"Do you have evidence of this?" He said lessening his death grip around Joe's neck.

"Yes, I can get some."

"What do you know about the lack of scent on the victims?"

"That's due to the genius fragrance chemist we have. So, are you going to let me go?"

"Hell no! But your life will be spared if you can provide yourself to be useful!" Cypher said with much regret in his voice.