Chapter 5

He had been here for a week, and he didn't have any information to report, nor could he report anything. Everyone seemed to be monitoring him all the time and when he tried to escape to the drop-off location there was always someone trailing him, so all he could do was keep a routine of taking a run in that area. A couple of times a few of the men tried to jump him but he gave them a beat down that had them sore for days and in training, he didn't give them a break just because they were injured. As far as he was concerned, they brought it on themselves. The one thing he managed to get was a DNA sample of the alpha. Now all he had to do was deliver it to Max for him to do a database search.

After another week, everyone had somewhat warmed up to him, except for the alpha who was still suspicious, but he didn't have a tail anymore when he went running in the mornings, which gave him an opportunity to deliver the DNA pack to the drop-off site and came back in time to train the men.

"How is training going?" The new alpha asked while walking with Cypher to the training field.

"Terrible! Your men are lazy and tend to complain about the smallest things. If this pack is invaded tomorrow, they don't have a fighting chance." He said with 100% honesty.

He knew this pack's enforcers were bad, but he never expected them to be this terrible. It was dishonorable to take on the role of the protector of a pack but refuse to do the hard work. It was like they weren't educated on the history of the werewolf nation and what happened to their ancestors in the war against the vampires, the church, and humans. It was bloodshed and many wolves were senselessly lost, that's why training on owning one's skills was important. He and Max took it upon themselves to train the entire pack once a week for the regulars to ensure that if the enforcers ever failed then they still had a fighting chance. Even, the other alphas did so but this pack disgusted him.

"I see! Well, I've got a solution for that. You just report to me directly about who's being difficult starting today." He replied and walked ahead of Cypher. There was something eerie about the way he said it that had goosebumps running along his arms.

When Cypher finally arrived at the training field, two minutes after the new alpha, all the men were lined up with their chests puffed out and terror on their faces. Whatever he had said to them gave the motivation they were lacking for the past two weeks, and they gave their all-in training that he let them off thirty minutes early, something he would have never done with the Wolf Creed men.

"Hi! Why don't you come to the pack house and chill for a while, we have beer and a pool table" one of the trainees said as he threw his arm around Cypher's neck, which made him stiffen.

"You shouldn't be drinking alcohol as an enforcer!"

"It's human beer and got a great flavor." He replied with a huge smile like he expected him to say that.

"I'll think about it!" He said and removed the young man's arm from off his shoulders. "Besides I doubt I'll be welcomed!"

"Oh them! Don't mind them, they're just pissed about having to train and the fact that the alpha refuses for them to get treated by a doctor or healed by the healer. Something about building character!" He said with a chuckle. "Besides they want to get to know you plus you seemed depressed like you lost a mate or something."

A pinching sensation in his chest developed and Cypher walked away from the young man. He knew what they were doing. He had been there for two weeks, and they never once saw it fit to invite him to anything. Whatever the new alpha said, they wanted to curry favors with him.

"I'll see you at five then!" He shouted after Cypher as he watched him disappear into the tree lines. He knew he wouldn't have shown up, but he tried his best to convince him.