And indeed, my assumption stood elegantly and with confidence before me after I swung open the door. Mrs. Jeon was dressed in the same clothes as at dinner, with a few strands of hair, however, escaping from her tight hairstyle.

I looked at her in surprise, her eyes meeting me after she unobtrusively scanned the room behind me. It was a rare event to find her here, perhaps the first time she had even bothered.

"Mrs. Jeon." I began. "Did you need something?"

I held the door firmly to my side as she felt intruding for some reason. "Is Jungkook here?" she asked instead.

"He's in the shower. I can go get him if you want because I think he's done," I suggested and she shook her head.

"No need. Can I come in?"

This bedroom was the only room in the entire house where I had my own space, and although I didn't like the idea of her being free to move around in it, I opened the door wider for her. Not really inviting, but not rejecting either.

She walked past me, inspecting every inch, though I could clearly see she was doing it very subtly. I followed her and stood in front of the couch, where her eyes fell on the blanket and the pillow on it. No exact proof that we slept in separate beds, but an invitation for speculation.

Thankfully, her gaze didn't linger on it, and instead, she wandered in front of my bookshelf. I grew impatient, unable to calculate the reason for her visit at this hour.

"It's been almost five months since the wedding." She remarked as she stroked her finger across a shelf to check for dust.

Four months and five days I wanted to correct her but didn't. It wasn't like I had been counting, but I had been.

Finding no response or reaction from me to that other than a nod because I didn't know what to say, she finally turned to me entirely. She brought her hands in front of her stomach and linked her fingers.

"How's it going?" she asked after what felt like an eternity.

My right shoulder shrugged upward. "It's going well so far," I replied. I started to wonder where the conversation was going. I couldn't really read from her expression if she was just being a mother-in-law and wanted to know how I was doing, or make sure her son was kept merry.

She hummed, devoting her eyes back to the shelf and the books on it. Her focus seemed to linger on one particular title, but she didn't give it another second of attention. Instead, she stared out the window.

"It has been brought to my attention that you..." Her body twisted before her eyes settled on me. "Are not menstruating. Apparently you have some sort of implant."

That made my eyebrows shoot up until they were almost touching my hairline. But I recovered from the sheer surprise of the question because I always expected the unexpected from her.

I just wondered who in this house had told Mrs. Jeon about it without me knowing. Because unless my memory was playing a game with me and I was suffering from amnesia, I knew for sure that I had not shared such private information with anyone.

And just from Mrs. Jeon's waiting and judgmental look, I could tell that it wasn't just a question thrown into the room. It wasn't something women shared among themselves to discuss experiences about contraceptives. It almost felt like a demand that I tell her why.

"Who told you that?" I asked, my voice calm and with no trace of any emotion. There was no point in denying it because she knew it as certain as the grass was green. Besides, I wouldn't lie just because she made me feel uncomfortable.