*31*

Anyeong my beautiful people❤.

How are we all doing?

The last chapter was a bit of a doozy, wasn't it?🤧💔

Don't worry, this one will be light and easy.....whatever that means😭😂💕.

Also, it's the first chapter of 2023!!!

Okay, let's go🤸🏽‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️.

~~~~~~~
" Story, story,
is what you give me always
I'm on a search for something real,"
~~~~~~~
- Tems ~ Show Dem Camp
(Tales by Moonlight)

PHINEAS

On Friday, the day after me and Chetachi's first date, Coach Sam and Coach Marene called Zik and I to their office.

"We've got news for you both," Coach Sam had started in his clear, no nonsense voice.

I glanced at Zik who stood with her arms folded beside me, dressed in a black tank top and school-issued basketball shorts with Nikes on her feet as usual.

"All preparations for next term's Inter-house Sports Competition are to be suspended for the time being," Coach Marene continued. "This is to enable us get ready for this year's Friendlies against Elysian Heights Academy slated for the last week of this month."

"What?" Zik and I chorused.

"But, ma, Friendlies are supposed to be in December after exams," Zik said.

Coach Marene nodded. "Yes, we normally hold it then, but Elysian called yesterday and suggested we move it forward a bit."

I scoffed. "Of course."

"So we answer to them now?" Zik seethed, annoyance clear in her tone.

"It was a suggestion and the school agreed to it," Coach Sam said with a shrug. "Besides, it's not as if we've ever had a fixed date for the Friendlies."

That bit was true.

The yearly Friendly Games against Elysian have been going on for years, even way before I joined Hillsong, and the timing for it had never been fixed.

It could be in either first, second or third term or even during the holidays, but we've been holding it in the middle of December for the past three years now.

"And since Elysian won three out of the four matches last year, they got to pick this year's sports," Coach Marene said.

Zik dragged a small hiss beside me, and when I glanced at her she rolled her eyes.

She was still sore about us losing to Elysian last December, although in our defence, last year's sports were Tennis and Swimming, and  we had been equally matched till Elysian won the Male Swimming competition by 0.5 seconds.