*1*

"I had a dream,
I got everything I wanted.
Not what you'd think,
and if I'm being honest,
it might've been a nightmare,
to anyone who might care."
-Billie Eilish(everything i wanted)

Chetachi

I woke up from my nightmare feeling calm and peaceful, like I always do.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, waiting for the bad memories to sink in.

Once they did, I instantly felt sick to my stomach.

I rushed to the bathroom and puked until I could see yesterday's lunch in the toilet bowl.

That swallow and egusi soup did not look so great back up.

Most people wake up from nightmares screaming and/or drenched in a cold sweat.

Others go cray-cray in the bathroom.

Like me.

I'm others.

I flushed the nasty mush, brushed my teeth and took a shower.

Dressing up in my school uniform, I said a quick prayer.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, and decided once again that whoever designed the uniform for Hillsong High was a genius.

It was based on the official Hillsong High colors of white, black and gold. White blouse with gold detailing, black pleated skirt, blazer, bolo tie, almost thigh high socks and gold rimmed head band.

I held my braids in a low bun, then smoothed glow oil on my face, before taking another glance.

I looked.....appropriate enough.

I sat on my bed and went through my bag, making sure I had everything.

Once done, I opened up my phone and checked my WhatsApp.

Adejare, my best friend had sent a message saying she was in school already and I should get my ass over there.

I shook my head and held back a giggle.

Knowing Deja, she'd probably be fast asleep once she herself got there.

After checking other messages and status updates, I left my room and headed downstairs.

"Morning, Cookie," I greeted our cook cheerfully as she arranged the plates on the dining table.

Of course her real name isn't Cookie, I just started calling her that after I watched an episode of Empire when I was much younger.

The name just kinda stuck and it's way more appealing than Carol.

"Good morning, Cheta," she said with a smile. "Are your parents up?"

"Nope, I suspect they'll be down by, like, nine-ish."

She nodded and then went into the kitchen.

My parents are by far the busiest people known to me.

My mum is the MD/CEO of her own travel agency, while Dad is one of the most successful lawyers in the country.