*7*

First off, I want to say a big,BIG thank you to all of you who have read and supported TRO so far.

TRO is now at 100+ reads, and I'm so happy and grateful 🥺🥺💗💗💗.

Extra special shout-out to Iyanuoluwa-Temi for this beautiful cover❤💗💗💗

I'll show y'all the others in consequent chapters.

And without further ado, let the chapter begin 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽.

"Hello, stranger.
It's been a minute,
since we last kicked it."
-Miguel( Come through and chill)

Jimi

"Took you long enough," I said.

Beryl smiled and clapped her hands.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! 'Kay, give me clues on how we know each other."

"Nine years ago, at Star Dance Academy. We were dance partners-"

"- Oh my freaking gosh! Caspian? Caspian Akinwade! Jimi!"

I nodded and she squealed happily.

"Geez!" she continued. " You're so....you're...."

The slightest blush colored her cheeks.

"In a wheelchair?" I completed.

"Well, no, but yeah, how did that happen?"

I sighed and scratched my neck.

"Are you uncomfortable talking about it?"

"Nah, I'm okay," I said, adjusting my chair to face her better. " It happened about a year ago. I was doing this challenge for TikTok-"

"-What challenge?"

"You know, that one where you dance on the road when there are no cars passing."

The color drained from Beryl's face."Go on."

"It was a Saturday and I was to do the challenge while a friend of mine recorded me. We started when the road was completely empty, but because of the music that was blasting, I didn't hear a small truck approach. My friend saw it and tried to get me out of the way, but it was too late and the truck hit me. Next thing I know, I woke up three weeks later and couldn't move my legs. So, yeah, I'm in this thing for the dumbest reason possible."