More training but getting a lightsaber

It had been a week since Kane had started his more serious training with Master Windu but now that the week was up they just needed to wait for a opportunity to go get a Kyber crystal but first Master Windu wanted to teach Kane about the different strengths and weakness' of the different lightsaber hilt designs and combat forms and how they effect each other and where you could be venerable to different styles.

Master Windu was sitting with Kane as they both watched all the public lightsaber combat sparing and the master spoke first "alright Kane whilst its good that your intrigued about seeing all these different Jedi training we need to go over different stuff before we get your lightsaber"

"I kinda have an idea already master" the student said 

Windu looked interested "oh? and what is the idea?"

"well I looked into my ancestry in the archives for a while and most my ancestors in my family were known to be efficient in double bladed combat but also being able to switch to single blade combat as well and then Revan was known to use two lightsabers at one point in time and I get the feeling it isn't personal preference I get the feeling its on my genes" this detailed explanation made Windu think but also surprised that Kane went into the archives about his family so early 

"so you wish to use a double bladed lightsaber but can then use it as a single blade but can also use two as well?" asked the master

"yes it'll take a lot of engineering but it's probably easy as all I need is to take two lightsaber hilts and make them able to click together but I think I'd prefer to stick to a double bladed lightsaber first and then maybe train using it as a single blade swell and maybe make the hilt smaller than usual to make it able for use with forms that rely on having a single bladed weapon"

"hmm, yes stick with the double blade hilt first but you can make it however you wish and changes are allowed as you see fit and your allowed to go get another Kyber crystal if you wish"

Kane smiled slightly "that makes life easier for me then, anyway what force powers will you be teaching me today?"

Windu sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "honestly I can only teach you the basics and then see how well you do from there on your own and if I feel I can teach more then do just that but for now I'll teach you a bit more than the basics, maybe get you ready fro the trials for after you master at least two lightsaber forms and know a bit in all of them"

"that sounds exhausting but worth it" that was the apprentices response and Windu smiled at that. 

Now you weren't normally meant to get attached to your apprentice and it was the same way the other way around but Windu feels a sort of kinship with Kane as does the boy this is most likely that they are able to use some part of the dark side and the force feels weird around them to the younglings.

"Anyway lets get going and whilst we walk I'll explain lightsaber forms for you and if we have enough time I'll explain different hilts for you as well" Windu then stood up and his apprentice followed and he began his explanation 

"now form 1 is basic everyone knows it and its easy to master and with how quick you learn and are with the force you should have it down in a few hours or less, form 2 or also know as Makashi is a lightsaber form that most duelists use in single blade combat but can be used with two blades but it prevents the person being disarmed and precise strikes its a from made after from 1 when everyone realised that Jedi and Sith would need to fight each other in lightsaber combat a very known user of this is Count Dooku with his curved hilt which gives a better advantage in this form"

"Seems normal but not for a double bladed weapon but two blades could be right?" asked the apprentice

Windu nodded "correct my apprentice, I will go over the combat forms then tell you which type of lightsaber fits where"