God Save the Queen

The Benatar cruised gently over the Norwegian village of New Asgard. Whilst the place was nowhere near the former grandeur of its namesake, the acquisition of functional spacecraft after Thanos' defeat had allowed the Asgardians and the Sakaaran gladiators to obtain alien technology, some of which was salvaged from the ruins of the original Asgard. Among the recovered items were a handful of inoperable skiffs, some damaged armour and a small collection of weapons including the partially melted spear Gungnir. Some of the tech gathered had been used to make a crude, piecemeal (and currently non-functioning) Bifrost.

Leaning on the edge of his seat Peter Parker drank in the sight of the village. For the most part it looked very much like any other fishing village. What set it apart from the neighbouring towns wasn't just the advanced tech they possessed it was its inhabitants, whilst most could pass for human others stood out with features like having three heads, red skin or being made of living stone.

A being fitting the latter description was stood waving at the craft as it began to land.

When the Benatar set down Thor insisted on being first out. As the Asgardian disembarked the stone creature nudged his companion, a large grub like creature in a mechanical exoskeleton, "See Meik, I told you he'd come back." At the sight of his friends the Thunderer broke into a wide grin "Korg, Meik, good to see you again." He said as he drew the Kronan into a firm, back clapping, embrace and did the same for the bug. "I see you've found yourself some new friends since you've been gone." Commented Korg. "Indeed, these are the Guardians of the Galaxy;" Thor then introduced the group one by one, "And this is Spider-Man." He finished.

The alien introduced himself in a surprisingly high pitched voice, "Hey guys, I'm Korg this is Meik, we're kinda like Thor's best friends and the queen's envoys so if there's anything you wanna know just ask us."

"Envoys? Since when?" Questioned a confused Thor. At this the Kronan's expression turned guilty, "Well it's not official as such, but considering we were so close when you were king we figured her majesty would want us around too, so we try to help her out with things." he said sheepishly. The grub then made a series of chittering sounds to Korg, which he seemed to understand "Oh yeah Miek's right, the queen said she wanted to see you, mate, and your friends."

The group set off with Thor and Korg continuing their catching up. "You missed Sif, she was here for a little bit the other day." The rock alien told his friend, "By the way man, have you lost weight?"

Peter watched Thor and his friends walk ahead, their chatter filling the air. The teen stared at their greeters, they were the first extraterrestrials he'd met that truly looked alien (not including ones that had tried to kill him), although the rock alien was wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt.

Korg and Meik lead the group to a large wooden building near the top of a hill. "Her majesty is expecting you so go right in." Said the Kronan once they'd reached the door. Entering the room revealed a long hallway with a short flight of stairs at the end. At the top of the stairs was a large wooden throne, simple but elegant in its design with ornate carvings and a high back. Sat upon the throne was a striking dark skinned and dark haired woman wearing white and gold armour and holding a long golden spear.

Thor was the first to approach and knelt, encouraging the others to do the same. "You may rise." The woman said. "Welcome to New Asgard, I am Queen Brunhilde." With a smile the queen changed to a less formal tone "Hello Thor, these must be the Guardians of the Galaxy you told me about." Valkyrie then turned to Peter "And you I remember from the battle. You handled yourself well, especially for someone your age."