Hall Pass

Experimentation can make for a healthy couple. At least that was the reasoning of Hope Van Dyne and Scott Lang who wanted to add a bit of spice to their relationship.

The duo cared deeply for each other, and had a healthy sexual relationship as well, but they both craved some excitement now and then. Most of the ideas they looked up were rejected; Playing games (too boring), Naked weekends (no time for that being superheroes and often needing to do civilian work), Shower sex (fun at first but got old quickly), Watching porn together (again got old quickly and they couldn't agree on what to watch) and Scott's idea; Shrunken sex (too risky, could damage something in the suits). After a while the couple settled on a Hall Pass, every so often Scott or Hope gave the other permission to sleep with someone else. The only issues with that idea were who to pick and when to use it.

Looking at the note he'd been left the other day Spidey tried to remember who Hope was (and why she would be looking for him) but came up blank. Once again the young hero decided it could wait until after school.

Greeted by Ned and MJ, (the latter somewhat more enthusiastically) Peter caught them up what'd been happening. "Damn." whistled Ned "So not only was Black Widow brought back from the dead but she banged you as well? You get all the luck." MJ was impressed too, and began questioning Peter about the experience whilst taking mental notes. "Hey I just remembered something," mentioned Ned out of the blue a few minutes later. "Apparently we're getting a visitor today for some kinda demonstration." That caught the lovers' attention. "Who?" Asked MJ. Ned could only shrug "Dunno, but it's supposed to be someone important and something really cool".

Later in the day a special assembly was called. "Good afternoon students." greeted the principal "Today we have some special guests. If you would kindly introduce yourselves?" That was directed at a grey-haired couple and the younger woman with them. The man stepped forward "Hello my name is Hank Pym, this is my wife Janet and our daughter Hope." the women waved to the students. 'Hope Pym?' Wondered Spidey, the name did  sound vaguely familiar.

The old man continued "We are going to be demonstrating Pym Particles for you today." "Now some of you may be wondering what Pym Particles are, well let's show you. Janet if you please." The older woman reached into her pocket revealing a cylindrical container with a couple of vials inside, filled with a red substance. "These are Pym Particles" said Hank "Sub-Atomic particles which change the distance between atoms, making whatever they touch change in size. To demonstrate this Hope has a selection of everyday items." At her cue the brown haired woman reached into the large bag she was carrying and pulled out a random collection of items.

When Pym Particles were touched to the items they shrank down to a fraction of the size or rapidly grew. The students were very impressed by all this. "Now any questions?" said Hank. Several hands went up. "Are there any questions not about Ant-Man?" Several hands went down. "Or any about The Wasp?" Almost all the remaining hands went down. "So how do they work?" Asked a student "Well" began Pym and launched into a long scientific explanation filled with technobabble.

Hope was bored. She'd had dinner plans with Scott and had wanted to get ready but, at her parents insistence, she'd come along to the demonstration (which in her opinion was a veiled attempt to get future employees for Pym Tech). 'Still' she thought 'at least the kids're enjoying themselves'. Looking out across the crowd she did see some who looked particularly interested, one of whom, a brown haired boy, looked vaguely familiar to her.

'Maybe he's one of Cassie's friends, the girl is high school aged now.' Thought Hope vaguely. It still jarred her to think five years had passed since The Snap. A buzz from her pocket distracted the younger Van Dyne from her thoughts. Checking her phone Hope saw a text from her boyfriend. Scott: Hey Hope I know we had plans this evening but something's come up at work. Sorry. Hope: Are you sure it's urgent? Scott: Pretty sure. Luiz certainly made it sound like it was and you know what he's like. Reschedule? Hope: Fine another time then.