𝗖𝗵-𝟮𝟱: 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹

He'd been here before; he remembered the smoke, the fire, the blood, the bodies. He saw the horrified expressions on his friends and family; and he knew that soon he would see him again. Sure enough, he was standing on top of the ruins, but something was different. Instead of sadistic laughter, he only stared at him with hate-filled optics. He raised a clawed finger and pointed it at him.

"Soon."

...

Braedey Martin abruptly shot out of bed, now holding his head as he shook uncontrollably. He took a deep breath, trying to figure out what the dream meant.

'What on Cybertron was that?' Braedey wondered. 'I haven't had a dream that bad in almost two years; what did it mean?' Braedey was shaken out of his thoughts by a noise from the other side of the bed.

"Ugh... Braedey?" Kara Kent looked up at him sleepily. "What's going on? Are you all right?"

Braedey nodded. "Yeah, Kara. It's just a bad dream."

Kara shook her head to clear it. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Braedey lay back down next to her, where she put her head on his shoulder. "It was like the nightmares from before, but something's changed. I don't know... maybe it's nothing."

Kara frowned. "I don't think you would have woken up like that if it was nothing."

Braedey sighed. "I just don't know; maybe..."

"Maybe what?" Kara wanted to know.

"Ugh, I'm too tired to think about it now; how about in the morning?" Braedey sighed.

Braedey could feel Kara nod her head against his shoulder. "Okay, Braedey, in the morning. Now go back to sleep, okay?"

Braedey kissed the top of Kara's head. "Okay; I love you."

"Love you, too." Kara mumbled, as she fell asleep.

Braedey tried to follow suit, but it would take a long time to get some sleep, his mind still focusing on his dream. What did it even mean? Was it a sign?

~*~*~
London, Several Hours Later

"Come on!" Wonder Woman shouted, as she herds the civilians away from the roaring fire

"Come on!" Wonder Woman shouted, as she herds the civilians away from the roaring fire. "It's just a little further to safety!"

The civilians tried to follow the Amazon's directions, but part of the roof began to collapse from the damage from the fire. Fortunately, they were saved when Supergirl caught the burning debris and held it up. Using her super-breath, she blew out some of the blaze that blocked the path.

"Piledriver!" Supergirl shouted. "Hurry up, this fire is going to get worse soon!"

Piledriver looked up; he'd been running from spot to spot, holding up crumbling walls to support the burning building. "I'm on it!" He taps the Transformatrix dial and disappears in a flash of blue light.