56. Just Like Your Mother...

Start from the beginning

Ten minutes later my father came outside with a few bags of his stuff. He stuffed them in his trunk and got in the drivers seat.

He started the car and drove wildly outta the parking lot and into the road.

He was quiet for a long while.

We got onto the highway and I awkwardly shifted in my seat. At least he wasn't hitting me. I was glad for that.

I can't believe I'm back to this- I'm only not scared when I'm not getting hit (even then I am scared all the time). All I feel is pain and fear.

"We're going to another hotel, it's about 20 miles out west." I nodded.

I kept my eyes on the dashboard, I saw his big hand come into my sideview, he placed it on my thigh and started moving it up.

I wretched my body away, basically plastering my body against the window. He managed to gripped my thigh and pull me back.

"You put me in a tight spot- not one I wanted to be in." He squeezed my thigh and slapped the tensed skin, before letting go. "So you'll going to make up for it."

I nodded my head. I couldn't let this happen.

He's going to do what he did before...but he will be successful this time.

I can't get out of this.

The next forty minutes were in tense silence, only broken by the occasional ramblings of my father. I kept my head down low and my hands in my lap, I was digging my fingernails in my palms- I was that nervous.

Forty minutes later, we pulled into a random motel parking lot. He parked in the back and got out. My father looked sternly at me.

"Don't fucking move." He slammed the door shut.

I stay put as I watched him disappear into the lobby area. He took a few minutes before reappearing with a key and a grimace on his face.

"Get out." I did, slowly- that wasn't good enough for my father though. He went it to the passenger seat and grabbed my wrist tightly.

"I said get out!" He pulled me out of the car and took me to one of the rooms.

"Stop being a limp piece of shit and do as I say." He unlocked the motel door and threw me onto the floor with a thud.

I dragged myself away from the door and into a corner, I brought my knees up to my face & buried myself in them.

I didn't move or look up for a while; I heard my father bring things into the room, I heard him cuss and rant and- eventfully- I heard him slam the door shut with a bang.

Then it was silent again- dead silent.

It was the kind where I knew when it was broken- all hell would break loose.

"All I've done is be a good father, all I've done is love you. All I asked of you is do as I say and we'll be just fine. But all you've done is disobey me, you've been a fucking brat."

I don't move, I don't say anything.

"I've been Mr. Nice Dad for long enough. I've been too easy on you, that'll change now."