54. Owen II (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I- we care about her. We're doing our best to find her. She'll be back home in no time. And I am worried and will continue to worry about you- I will for everyone. This is a stressful situation that we are in."

Always so clear- headed and problem solving, I wish I could help him. I know- deep down in don't fucking know...my stomach- my big brother feels guilty.

He feels partly responsible for not listening to Carrie me her voicemail; he thinks he could have stopped her, if he'd only listened to it sooner and not went to bed.

I don't blame my brother- not willingly at least.

"It's not your fault, Eric." I whispered.

He was about to say something back but my phone rang.

Eric rolled his eyes, our brother moment was ruined- by who? Only God knows.

Maybe Brent- who's been depressed and stressed ever since Carrie left. He calls me, texts me all day long- begging for updates.

It kills me not being able to give him any.

Charlotte and Penny are the same way- they were blindsided by Carrie's dads reveal and also hound me with calls and texts every chance they get.

Then there's Elliott, Jesus Christ- fuck that guy.

He's all Boy Scout now, trying to help out in anyway he can. He went to the police, told them everything, and also gave us all the information he had.

I still can't believe she fucking trusted him, Elliott a k fucking a the guy who hurt her- other someone like- oh I don't know- Brent maybe, with her dad and all the things he did to her.

I can tell that's eating at Brent. I'll get to that when I get to that.

I know Elliott's being- admittedly- helpful and Hank is thankful for that, Eric too; I just can't get over it.

My utter hatred for him. Every time I see him, I want to punch him in the face. But someone's already got that job, his father; and boy is he working overtime now.

Ever since he stood up to him- Elliott I mean; I've seen more and more bruises and marks on him. I almost feel sorry for him. But I can't bring myself to to it.

Never.

The caller was a random unknown number, I quickly declined it.

"Like I said, it's not your fau-"

My phone rang...a-fucking-gain.

This time it was the same number but I decided to answer, if only to tell them to fuck off.

I clicked the green answer button.

"Hello?" I said.

"Owen, don't make a scene. I need your he-"

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

It's....

I shot up from the couch, like a lose canon.

"CARRIE?! Oh my God, are you okay?"

Benji's head twisted 180 degrees and climbed off Eric to attempt to get closer to me. Eric- in turn- also stood and tried to take the phone from me.

I blocked his hand. "Hold on, hold on." I whisper yelled to him, I put her on speaker so he'd calm the fuck down and let me hold the phone.

"Carrie, is that you?" Eric said, all of his big brother tone oozing out. It was replaced by his cop voice.