Secrets

4 Months Later

I was human once again. Being friends with the King and Queen of Hell has it perks. But now I was hiding a secret. I'm five months pregnant.

How did this happen?

Well, Damon and I had been having sex. I was changed with Original blood so I was different. Apparently, when I left, I was a month pregnant. Somehow Bethany had figured out by my emotions and the weight that I had been gaining.

They managed to find a spell and by the power invested in those two I am now human again. Pregnant. The words still sounded foreign to me. I made sure my baby bump was covered before walking into The Grill. Nobody expected for me to come back. Even my father who I had talked to everyday didn't have any plans for me to come home.

My dad was sitting at a table by himself. I quietly made my way towards him and sat in the chair. He stared up at me with huge eyes.

"Callie? What are you doing here?"

His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. The only thing that prevented us from getting closer was my stomach.

"H-how?"

"I'm human again Dad."

"Let me guess...Bethany and Dean?"

"Yeah and I was already...you know by the time they switched me back."

"Who's the...?"

"Damon."

Silence is deafening I tell you that. Anyone could see the anger building up in my dad. From all the gossip Rebekah told me, apparently Damon went into some depression when I left. He wouldn't leave the house or talk to people. I really didn't care but Stefan did and he was trying to get Damon to respond to anything. I guess my revenge plan worked after all since Caroline and Bonnie wanted nothing to do with her.

"Being a sociopath isn't going to hurt the baby?"

"I call it 'Egghead', Dad. It shouldn't! I talked to my therapist about it and she said I would be fine."

My dad's face was scrunched up when I told him the nickname. What's wrong with Egghead? It's little head looked like an egg so it got the nickname. I'll be glad when I go back to the doctor though, I get to know it's gender.

"Egghead? Callie, you've always picked weird nicknames."

A squeal burst out from the front of the restaurant and I knew it was Rebekah. I could hear her rushed footsteps from behind me and I was ambushed from behind. Arms were wrapped around my boobs effectively squishing them and blonde hair was in my mouth. Ew.

Her hand only grazed my stomach before she was pulling back and gaping at me. She had felt my protruding stomach and she knew what it was. Thankfully, I was skinny enough that I looked like I was bloated.

"Callie is that what I think it is?"

"Yes and did I mention that I'm human too?"

"What?! How?"

"Bethany and Dean."

"I'm not surprised."

I quietly left the restaurant after that. I didn't need too much attention on me because I'm pregnant. Damon doesn't need to know that. The door to the Salvatore's house was always unlocked as I entered. It was silent in the house (Stefan had moved out) and Damon was the only one here. The stairs creaked up under my steps so he was alerted to my presence.

I opened the door to his room and a Damon-sized lump was in the middle of his bed. Empty bottles of Bourbon and scotch littered the floor. Blood bags were sat neatly on the dresser beside his hand that was falling off the bed.

"Go away Elena."

"It's me Damon."

His body shot up like a missile and bloodshot blue eyes met my brown ones. He stared at me like I would disappear. His eyes were glazed over like he was drunk. His hair was a mess and he looked pale. For a vampire looking pale was normal but he was too pale.

"What's wrong with you?"

"You're just a figment of my imagination you'll be gone in a few seconds."

I stood there as he blinked rapidly for a few minutes. I looked around with disinterest as he rubbed his eyes and started to blink again.

"Damon I'm real! Now will you stop it!"

"Prove it!"

I moved over to his bed and grabbed his arm. I pulled him close to me and leaned in.

"If I wasn't real could I do this?"

"Ow!"

I pinched his arm. Isn't that what you do when you want to know something is real? Oh well he knows I'm real now.

"Callie I'm so glad to see you."

"Okay."

"Something seems different about you."

"I know Damon."

He took in my appearance. I'm pretty sure he noticed that my face was fatter. I wasn't a vampire anymore that should've been the most noticeable thing.

"You got a new sweater!"

I was going to ignore that but that was seriously just too stupid. I looked around at his dirty room and my nose turned up in disgust.

"Look at your life! What the h*ll have you been doing?"

"Being miserable."

"So you decided not to clean, to drink excessively, and not bathe?"

"I missed you, Callie."

"You brought this upon yourself."

"You don't think I know that?"

"Seriously, Damon, you need to get your life together. I'm human now if you hadn't noticed it."

"How?"

"Bethany worked her little demon and angel power."

His arms suddenly grabbed me and pulled me in the bed. We were chest to chest and he felt what everyone hadn't been expecting. Egghead. His blue eyes narrowed at me. He pulled away with disgust and pushed me away.

"Who's the father? Some new guy that you're with?"

"No Damon."

"Then who's is it? I can't have children so obviously you were w*oring around with someone."

"Yeah you. Damon I'm five months pregnant you add up the dates. I don't have time for this."

As I walked out of the house and away from Damon I felt...nothing. Absolutely nothing. My dad was right. How am I going to take care of a child and I don't have emotions?

A/N

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!! Next chapter Calli will see her therapist. Thanks for reading!! Smooches!!!