Chapter Four

She dreamed to learn what she needed, she dreamed to have the chance to learn from someone who only wished to teach, she wished her god-brother had his parents

******************************************************************************************

Once again Lord Slytherin was not their defence teacher, he was only allowed to teach from fifth to seventh, and it was beginning to get frustrating for the group, they wished to be taught by the man, he was brilliant. Morgan was simply tired of the fact she knew something bad was going to happen to her once again. Maybe it won't she wasn't sure.

Moody stumbled into the room and picked up chalk to write on the board. "Alastor Moody." He says writing his name for everyone to see. Morgan and Draco share a look but continue to listen to the strange man. "Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher." He said not seeing the sneering looks from the Slytherin's, they didn't believe he should be here at all. "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" He asks but no one moves or says a word. "When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three." Morgan says simply, her face blank of any emotion.

"And they are so named?" Moody asks her.

Morgan rolls her eyes. "Because they are unforgivable, according to the Ministry. Use of any one of them will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban."

"Correct." Moody says. "Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!" Moody shouts, his back facing the group of students.

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus moans annoyed, before Moody throws the chalk in anger.

"So, which curse shall we see first?" Moody asks the group of students. "WEASLEY!" He shouts, startling the red-haired boy.

"Yes..." Weasley whimpered.

"Give us a curse." Moody orders.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one... The imperious curse." Weasley states.

"Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." Moody says before he opens a jar with a spider in it. "Hello. What a little beauty." He mutters before using his wand to send the poor creature around the classroom. Morgan cringes at the sight, almost seeing numbers ticking down, she could see them now, the numbers of people's lives.

A new power she received, but it made her sad, her papa spent days apologising to her, he felt horrid.

"Don't worry. Completely harmless." Moody says but everyone is unsettled by the crazed man. "But if she bites... she's lethal!"

Draco laughs.

"What are you laughing at?" Moody questions as he sends the spider onto Draco's face. Draco freaks for a moment as everyone laughs at his misfortune. "Talented, isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?" Moody questions as the spider is hovering over a bucket of water, desperate to survive, Morgan's eyes water at the sight, it was causing her so much grief hearing it squeal in pain.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another... another... Come on come on." Moody says looking at Neville. "Longbottom, is it? Up."

Neville stands.

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology." Moody says to the boy, but Neville doesn't react to it.

"There's the um... The cruciatus curse." He whispers gently, Morgan could feel the pain in his voice at having to even say the spell.

"Correct! Correct! Come, come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse." Moody states as he turns to the spider wand raised and cast the curse torturing the spider with magic, it squeals. Neville looks pale white; he looked ready to pass out before everyone.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him, stop it!" Morgan shouts standing from her seat, the Gryffindor's were surprised to see her standing up for one of their own, but he was family even if he didn't know it, he was one of the good ones, one of the ones who would fight on her side.

Moody stops. Neville is disturbed. Moody picks up the spider which is still making a noise.

"Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse Miss Shelby." Moody says to her, but she shakes her head, before he continues anyway, casting the spell on the spider, the poor thing dead on impact, Morgan didn't even look

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. And she's sitting in this room." He says looking at her pointedly.

Morgan glares. "I'm not the Potter child, go tell that to the senile fool." She hisses before grabbing Neville and rushing out of the classroom with him, the Slytherin's following after her.

"Oi, we aren't finished!" Moody shouts. 

"We are!" Morgan cries back, headed to Professor Slytherin's classroom. She dragged Neville inside the room, Tom raised an eyebrow at the sight of all the fourth year Slytherin's. The Sixth-year students frowned at the sight. Fred and George were instantly by Morgan's side.

"The fool decided to perform the Unforgivable's in front of us, poor Neville watched as he performed the Cruciatus curse." Morgan protested in old Latin, she was fuming as the twins tried to calm her down, while Draco informed Tom of what had just transpired.

He was going to murder Barty. 

*************

Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy Christmas and New Years 

Lots of Love Thean.