Chapter Twelve

His thoughts drowned him

His thoughts drowned him. He had no idea what to believe. But he knew that the young witch was never meant to be hurt, she should have been saved. 

***********************************************************************************************

Sitting at his desk The Dark Lord was thinking, Morgan's detention was approaching, and he knew the girl would be on her way, seeing as he sent Nagini to go collect the young witch. Ever since their talk, he had been more distant with people, only speaking to Nagini as she was his familiar and she actually listened to him, like a mother listening to their child. Morgan Ada Shelby was the Potter child. But she refused to go by that name now to protect herself from Dumbledore. He scoffed thinking about the old fool, his ways of tarnishing a child, all for his selfish needs. 

The Dark Lord had focused his eyes more on Morgan, watching the way if someone who wasn't the Devil Twins, and the Malfoy heir, would cause her to flinch, her body stiffening in fear. She was scared that the people she wasn't close to would hurt her. It disgusted him that this poor child had been abused like this. The boy that Morgan had called to had told him exactly what had happened to her in her first life, the torture she went through. And how they all tried to help her. But she was still scared, she was just a little girl after all. It was like coming back had made her remember it more, it made it easier for the memories to appear again.

Micah the young ghost had explained certain things that can set her off, yelling, raised hands, and other disgusting things. He was more conscious of it now. Other Professor's had started noticing the way he acted around the young girl, confused on why he was much nicer to the young girl all of a sudden. They of course knew he was nicer to the snakes, but he was especially nice to the young girl, considerate. He had paid them no mind at all. He was not going to give this girl the chosen one a reason not to trust him, he wanted her to trust him.

He waited for another two minutes before he heard the voice of his familiar. Nagini telling the young girl of her adventures at Hogwarts, and of a past she claims is her own, something to do with a Newty-boy and Tiny-Tina. He had no idea what it was about, and he really didn't care.

Walking into the classroom, Morgan smiled in greeting to her soulmate, as she made her way to his desk. "What would you like me to do Professor?" Morgan asked, her voice was a lot quieter then normal, and his eyes narrowed in on her.

"Just work on any homework you have." He said to her as he finally started working on grading the seventh years homework. He didn't last long as he saw her twiddling her thumbs. "You've done the homework haven't you?" He quizzed her.

"Yes sir." She said with a sheepish laugh rubbing the back of her head.

Sighing he pursed his lips, then looked at the stack of parchments. "How much have you learned?" He asked her.

"If I really wanted to I could graduate right now. I already have a Master's in Defence and in Potions." She said with a shrug. "Papa and my whole family pretty much, sort of taught me everything, and doing a repeat of your life helps. Granted though I'm learning much more in your class then my first life." She said.

Humming he turned in his seat before conjuring another chair next to his. "Your punishment is to help me grade the homework of the seventh years." He said.

Morgan smiled and happily sat next to him, as she looked over the first parchment. It didn't last long until he heard her muttering about the students homework. "I swear I've read this before." She grumbled as she read the work. Turning to Tom she held the report out to him. "Does this look familiar to you?" She asked him. "I swear I've read this somewhere."

Reading the students work he couldn't help but agree. He too started thinking where he had heard it. When Morgan let out a loud humph. "They copied from a book." She said as he faced her, a book in her hand. "The tales of a Manticore." 

Looking at the book, Tom glared in annoyance.

"Funny too because this student is a Ravenclaw, never thought they would do this." Morgan muttered. As she put the parchment into the fail folder. Continuing on with grading she was quite ruthless in her grading. Much more then he was. Especially when it came to the sixth year Ravenclaws homework.

"What did the sixth years do to you?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Bullied one of their own, in her first year, she's a great friend," Morgan stated. "Her names Luna Lovegood, she sees things other's can't, I see them too now, but I pay them no mind. Her father raised her differently to others, she's powerful though, and you should never cross her." Morgan explained.

"How do they bully her?" Tom asked curious.

"They call her Loony Lovegood. And it irks me, Luna is intensely loyal and doesn't care about people's opinions. She loves her friends. But she believes in things that don't seem to exist, her reasonings don't make sense to other people because she is so abstract. She dresses differently and wears odd things. Her father is the Editor of the Quibbler, and she bears the brunt of his weird articles. Coupled with the fact that her mother has died... she has no one to emotionally handle her. Her brutal honesty and her tendency to stay in her own head are made fun of. If only people could see her free spirit, her refusal to behave according to the norms of society, her honesty, her love for her friends and her bravery." Morgan explained. 

"You have a big heart Morgan but be careful with it." Tom whispered to her. "I'll make sure that when Luna Lovegood joins this school that she is protected by the snakes."

Morgan smiled at Tom. "Thank you, I just hope that this time, I can make sure she's very safe. She deserves a better school life." Morgan said to him, her sapphire and emerald eyes sparkling.

"Finish with this pile and I'll walk you back to the common room." Tom ordered, going back to his own pile.

Morgan nodded and started grading once more, they took another half an hour to finish the work, Morgan was exhausted, but she was happy to know that it was a Saturday so she could hopefully, hopefully, sleep in.

But something tells her that won't be happening.