Chapter Twelve

The hissing was all she heard, the power behind the beast moves before her

The hissing was all she heard, the power behind the beast moves before her. The beast is hers to control. 

********************************************************************************************

Night had fallen over Hogwarts, two nights left before the students would leave to their homes, students, professor's, portraits, and ghosts alike slept peacefully. Only the sound's of the howls of wolf packs, the stampeding hooves of the Centaurs, and the ruffling of a black cloak was to be heard in the Forbidden forest. With one emerald eye and one sapphire eye, young Morgan trained her eyes ahead of herself, no creature dared to approach the floating figure. Afterall, she radiated death. Morgan flipped the hood of her cloak off her head, as her eyes peered around the area, seeing it was quiet she raised her hand.

Soft hissing left her lips as the ground opened before her. She rather loved having the power to summon the dead, her and Salazar have become quite good friends. Grinning the young girl skipped down into the dark hallway before hissing once more, lanterns lit with green flames as the entrance behind her closed. Walking along the dewy floor Morgan kept her eyes peeled for anything dangerous. Salazar had said nothing would attack her, but she didn't full believe him, she wouldn't put it past him to do a prank on her.

Turning the corner, she found herself inside Salazar's study, smirking softly she placed her hand on the wall opening it. Stepping out she stood at the end of a long, dimly lit chamber. Towering stone pillars entwined with more serpents, rose to a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place. She smiled before standing before the statue of Salazar Slytherin. Hissing loudly, she focused her eyes on the ground, just as the sound of scales rubbing the floor rang in her ears.

'Who callsss to me?' The hissing voice calls out. She had felt the change in the room, it was colder now, and she could almost hear the thumping of the Basilisk's heart as it curled around her.

"I do," Morgan says. "I am Morgan Ada Shelby, daughter of Thomas Shelby, a child of Death." She says to the mighty creature. "And you are?"

'I am Ayla,' the Basilisk says to the young girl. 'You smell of Death, but you also smell of my old Master.' 

"Yes, I am his soulmate," Morgan answers. "He does not know of this just yet, but in time he will, I want to be older before anything like that is known," she states to the creature. "I have a proposition for you." Morgan says to the creature.

'What would that be.' Ayla hisses.

"I can get you away from Hogwarts, give you a land full to the brim with food, you'd be safe, you would not need to hide from the world, I would ask that you do not use your eyes on others, only those who wish you harm," Morgan offers to Ayla. "I only offer comfort and safety to you."

'What do you gain?' Ayla questioned.

"A friend." Morgan says looking into the Basilisks eyes, nothing happening to her, a smirk stretched across her pale face. "What do you say Ayla."

Ayla hissed before circling around the girl her face getting closer to Morgan's. 'When do we leave?'

Stretching her arms above her head Morgan slipped out of her bed, a small scaly being circled around her neck hissing softly as she got ready for the last day of Hogwarts. 'Why must you be up so early?' Ayla hissed annoyed.

Morgan giggled. "Because that's life unfortunately for a schoolgirl." Dressing into her robes, Ayla slithered over to Morgan's packed trunk. "I've placed a bed in there that will stay warm for you." Morgan said to the Basilisk, Ayla hissed in satisfaction before disappearing inside the trunk, the lid slipping shut as her tail disappeared. Giggling softly Morgan raced down to the common room seeing everyone laughing and waiting. 

"Good morning, everyone." Morgan cheered as she skipped over to her friends. Draco the first to hug her to himself. Before hugging everyone else as well, "are we all excited to go home?" She asked everyone with her eyes glowing happily. 

"I'm very excited!" Daphne squealed, she was very excited as she would soon be working alongside Aphrodite, creating her own dress line, shoe line, jewellery line and just everything fashion. Daphne had gotten to the point in the year where everyone knew including the other houses knew about her fashion line, many witches wanted a sneak peak, but the Ice Princess kept true to her cold ways. 

Morgan giggled at her friends excitement before going over to Draco. "So shall we make our entrance." She said with a grin. Everyone smirked before forming their usual V-shaped formation, with Morgan at the head. Stepping out into the hallways, they walked with their heads held high, emerald and sapphire eyes glittering in the morning sun. Joining the formation, the Devil twins smirked being almost like the older guard of the group.

Stepping into the Great Hall, they made their way to the Slytherin table along with the twins. Taking their seat, they begun to discuss what they would be doing over the holidays, "oh," Morgan said suddenly before looking at the twins with a smile. "Fred, George, papa wanted me to ask if you would like to stay over during the holidays?" She said tilting her head.

Fred and George looked at each other, communicating silently. Before they both nodded. "We would love it, Bambi." They said in unison.

Giggling they all went back to talking. What an interesting year it had been indeed.